Windows Services Required for UMS?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
REDNARC

Windows Services Required for UMS?

Post by REDNARC »

Everything was working as good as is could, until i felt the need to make some windows services start up manualy. Now, I cant find out which one are needed to run UMS. I figured that i didnt stop anything that was needed, but i guess i was wrong, because it wont work now.

Im sure this is my problem, because everything was working fine, and ive done a clean install, and still nothing. And I get no errors.

I thought maybe it was because i installed UMS as a service, and ive seen people have problems with it that way, but i uninstalled it (manually, because UMS wouldnt uninstall it), and did a clean install of UMS.

I was just wondering what all windows services are needed to get UMS running again.

Everything works fine, except no renderers are found. The Debug looks fine, untill i "search for media servers" on my PS3, then i get, No IP filter specified, access granted to /192.168.1.20, but nothing changes, still no renderers found.

Attatched Debug info and also a list of services, if theyre running, and if they auto start.
Attachments
ServList.txt
List of Services
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 424 times
ums_dbg.zip
Trace Debug
(14.82 KiB) Downloaded 423 times
Optimus_prime

Re: Windows Services Required for UMS?

Post by Optimus_prime »

Not sure if this will fix it, but i noticed the UPnP Service is set to manual.
Set to Automatic and check if that has an affect.
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
REDNARC

Post by REDNARC »

No, that didnt help. Im having trouble enabling/starting some services. Like HomeGroup and Media Player stuff.

Ive also recently dealt with some malware that hijacked sysWoW64, god knows else.

Im going through trying to fix everything, if i find the problem, ill be sure to post back.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

REDNARC wrote:Ive also recently dealt with some malware that hijacked sysWoW64, god knows else.
You probably should just do a re-install of Windows. It could have damaged your installation.
黒影
_______________________________________________|_._._._._._._._._._
\______________________________________________|_#_#_#_#_#_#_|
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
REDNARC

Post by REDNARC »

Well, now I done alot. As i see it now, windows is fine.

I did a repair and now my services are fixed, in my first list i didnt even have Base Filtering, and now i do. So all thats fixed. Still, i have no renderers found. Did another clean install and also ran cc cleaner, still get nothing.

So maybe i was wrong, maybe it wasnt a service issue.

Now i dont really know where to turn.

Ill keep at it.
Attachments
ServList_2.txt
Services Working
(46.91 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

Have you tried this yet?
黒影
------------------------------------------------------------------|---------------------
REDNARC

Post by REDNARC »

Yea, that was one of the first things i did, it helped get my services working, but not UMS. I also tried it again when you mentioned it, and it found no problems.

The funny thing is, it works fine from a virtual machine. So, its not any kind of problem with services, cuz the virtual machine uses my connection.

Its gotta be because SysWoW64 was infected. Its kinda the 32bit side of windows 64, and through all my looking, there is now way to repair wow64, i guess. I gotta reinstall windows if i want to get it up and running.

Seems like alot of work just to get UMS working, but when i think about it, the problem isnt just UMS, but something alot worse.

Its like UMS not working, is a cancer, telling my body (computer) thats something is wrong. The cancer isnt the problem, its just the effect of whatever the illness is.

I wish i was just being stupid and over looking something, but i dont think this is the case. I dont think that someones gunna come tell me "hey dummy do this..." I was hoping, and thats why i first though it was a service problem. But i think, ive got a screwed up windows, and the only way to fix it is to reinstall windows.

Ill play with it a little more to try and find the problem, so if anyone else ever has the same problem, they can fix it, but like i said. Everywhere ive looked for help in repairing/reinstalling syswow64, says that its (i guess) a part of windows, and cannot be installed alone. Micro$oft doesnt have a fix either i guess. Since when is windows a firmware, and cant be modified without being fixed. Guess i gotta flash my windows lol.
kuroukage

Post by kuroukage »

That's why I suggested a reinstall of Windows. There's some nasty malware out there.
黒影
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Which version of Windows? If it's Windows 7 I can compare our services. That txt file is a bit hard to read though, you could take screenshots of inside services.msc instead?