another MKV audio out of sync thread

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
handyrefuse

another MKV audio out of sync thread

Post by handyrefuse »

Been having this problem for a while now, but finally getting time to ask for help.

This mostly happens with Yibis encodes of One Piece along with some other random animes... also just noticed it on some movies (Men In Black and Jurasic Park mkv encodes), but other MKVs are fine

The audio gets behind and totally out of sync. I've tried somethings i've seen posted before on the old PMS forums and now just updated to UMS in hopes of finding a solution.

Tried playing the newest episode released of One Piece from Yibis being #550

any insight would be great.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.log
(23.84 KiB) Downloaded 445 times
simplepinoi177

Re: another MKV audio out of sync thread

Post by simplepinoi177 »

bump
i know it's old, but I just found this searching on google and this problem is still happening on yibis releases...
Hoobadank

Re: another MKV audio out of sync thread

Post by Hoobadank »

I have also had trouble playing any of the One Piece episodes past 550. You should be able to get it to work with the following workaround:

1. Install a codec package (I use K-Lite Mega)
2. Install Avisynth 2.5.7 (If you use Avisynth 2.5.8 your audio is likely to sound like Alvin and the Chimpunks)
3. Under Transcoding Settings, click Avisynth/MEncoder and make sure there is a check mark in the "Enable Avisynth variable framerate change into a constant framerate (convertfps=true)" box
4. When starting the episodes that are out of sync, go into the Transcode folder and manually select Avisynth/MEncoder as the transcoder

PS. If your audio is in sync but subtitles do not display you may have to download VSFilter.dll and set that up within Avisynth. This method has worked for me with one noticeable exception, it doesn't work if you use UMS as a service. If you start UMS regularly or have it start with windows it works fine, but if its running as a windows service, the subs will not display.