Embedded Subtitles on PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
matambanadzo

Embedded Subtitles on PS3

Post by matambanadzo »

Now and then I watch anime via UMS (Windows 7 x64) to PS3 (latest version 2.5.2.2).
I have chosen to disable subtitles in UMS because my other shows have them embedded and it's not necessary, i.e.: audio = ENG & subtitles = ENG

I'd still like to read subtitles for Japanese anime but have it disabled for other English media. And I'd rather not go into all my English files and remove the subtitles manually. :(

Will subtitles only show if they are hard-coded into the video? Any other ways around this?

Perhaps a feature request to Disable subtitles unless the audio is not English...... not even sure that's possible, but doesn't hurt to ask. :D

Thanks
squadjot

Re: Embedded Subtitles on PS3

Post by squadjot »

"Disable subtitles unless the audio is not English" <-- lol man .. had to read that 10 times..
To me it sounds like you are, in a very complicated way, saying: "Disable the subtitles if audio is english"
Is that correct? (i'm a bit tired) , if so that is pretty common, and i believe you are supposed to use en,off in the Audio/Subtitle language priorty option (also shown as example next to input field in GUI)
matambanadzo

Post by matambanadzo »

Thanks man. Appreciate your reply.

I'll give that a go.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

No problem.. im not sure if its en,off or eng,off, you can maybe apply both like en,off;eng,off