Subtitles misalignment on PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
WDeranged

Subtitles misalignment on PS3

Post by WDeranged »

I've been a long-time (super happy) user of PS3 media server and recently updated to UMS. I'm watching Neon Genesis Evangelion (eng dub) and it uses subtitles for bits of on screen text such as tvs or newspapers, ps3 media server positioned them perfectly but with UMS they've been nudged over to the right and are being cut off.

Anyone know what's going on? I'm keen to stick with UMS as I need the x265 streaming capability but wonky subtitles will drive me mad :D
ExSport

Re: Subtitles misalignment on PS3

Post by ExSport »

log, log, and again log...red part above your post :idea:
WDeranged

Post by WDeranged »

Thanks man, I've attached the logs.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(195.36 KiB) Downloaded 476 times
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

It seems to me like a FFMpeg problem to play correctly the embedded dvdsub subtitles. Can you try to use the Mencoder for that video?
WDeranged

Post by WDeranged »

valib wrote:It seems to me like a FFMpeg problem to play correctly the embedded dvdsub subtitles. Can you try to use the Mencoder for that video?
I nudged Mencoder to the top of the priority list and it seems to be working properly, many thanks!
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

valib wrote:It seems to me like a FFMpeg problem to play correctly the embedded dvdsub subtitles. Can you try to use the Mencoder for that video?
I've noticed that FFmpeg sometimes is not very good at complex .ass subs with overlays and text. Many times the text disappears too fast.
WDeranged

Post by WDeranged »

I've got one more small query. I noticed that as subtitles appear they very briefly flicker off and on, Is there any way of stopping this? It was the same with PS3 Media Player but I never gave it much thought.