How i fixed UMS not working with new sony KD65X8500C TV

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Ladiesman217

How i fixed UMS not working with new sony KD65X8500C TV

Post by Ladiesman217 »

Hey guys just had a really annoying time trying to get UMS working on the new TV i would only get video loading but never play and i didnt see anyone else post anything with a similar issue so i thought i'd leave a post in the hopes that it will help someone else if they ever get the same issue.

so basically i tried changing numerous settings from transcoding through to default render player and a whole bunch more but i eventually got it working now and it seems the issue is the tv detects as multiple renderers about 4-5 one of which is google chromecast which i do not own in my house and it always said the video was playing through the chromecast device. So what i did to get it working was change the conf file of the "Google-Android-Chromecast.conf" and copied the conf file "Google-Android.conf" (as the tv i have is android based) and simply renamed the copied file to "Google-Android-Chromecast.conf" and now everything is functioning as normal FINALLY.

Im no expert with TV's or anything or UMS this was actually my first time setting it up in fact and im sure there are other ways of getting this sort of thing to work but this is what worked for me so hope it helps you to

EDIT - forgot to mention but UMS was working with my LG tv and ps3 fine without tweaking anything so wasnt a network issue or anything like that
musovan

Re: How i fixed UMS not working with new sony KD65X8500C TV

Post by musovan »

Ladiesman217 you little ripper! This was exactly the problem I had and now its fixed. I have the Sony Bravia Android KD-55X8500C and spent hours trying to fix this issue myself. I believe the issued started appearing a few weeks ago after the Feb 2016 TV software update but not entirely sure (it was working prior and I had ignored the issue until now), I did notice the Android Man logo had disappeared from the UMS detected renderers tab. Now she's back which is a positive sign. Anyway its worked for me so I strongly recommend it to all the other Sony Android TV users out there running Universal Media Player. Hopefully the forum administrators can pass this on for alerts and future development improvements.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for posting about this, can you please attach debug logs so we can see what's happening and make a fix to release?
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

I can't make it work on a kd-65xd7505...
What are the exact steps you made to get it to work with your sony?
coolhand

Post by coolhand »

Sorry to post to an ageing thread - but is it normal for a Sony 'Android' TV to show up as 3-4 renderers in UMS (one of which appears to be a Chromecast)? Or should it only show up as a single renderer with multiple capabilities?

I haven't needed to copy any config files around to get it to play videos (including soft subtitles) using the inbuilt Android "Video" app against UMS 6.6.0 or 6.5.3.

My TV: Sony Bravia KD-43X8000D (2016 4K HDR TV)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

No worry, it's fine that you use this thread, as no one have followed the forum rules yet, this issue should continue for long time...

If you want help, just follow these easy steps:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
stormy

Post by stormy »

Ladiesman,

Do you still have to do this with the latest version? I am getting a 49XE9005 at the weekend and was hoping to use this to stream rather than the PS3/PS4 for convenience. I assume you are renaming these files on the PC?

UMS guys, if I find this is the same I'll try and get some logs if it's not resolved​.

Cheers,
stormy

Post by stormy »

Having a few issues with my 49XE9005.

(its wired connection, only 100Mb because that is all the TV supports, even though the PC is 1000Mb)

When starting some files I get the loading video, and then the screen goes blank and nothing, after that point if I restart the server and the TV, it usually works on the second attempt.

Usually when I turn the debug log on! As usual its behaving now so don't see the error. I'll see if I can get the error I do so.

20:25:19 INFO Started playing XXXXXX.HDTV.HEVC.x265_xvid.avi on your KD-49XE9005
20:25:34 ERROR Error in parsing stream: http://podcasts.engadget.com/rss.xml
com.sun.syndication.io.ParsingFeedException: Invalid XML: Error on line 1: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:198)
at com.sun.syndication.io.SyndFeedInput.build(SyndFeedInput.java:123)
at net.pms.dlna.Feed.parse(Feed.java:111)
at net.pms.dlna.Feed.resolveOnce(Feed.java:94)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.resolve(DLNAResource.java:1504)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.syncResolve(DLNAResource.java:1495)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.run(DLNAResource.java:1296)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 1: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:468)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:851)
at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:194)
... 9 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: White spaces are required between publicId and systemId.
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLErrorReporter.reportError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.scanExternalID(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.scanDoctypeDecl(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$PrologDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:453)
... 11 common frames omitted
20:25:44 ERROR Error in parsing stream: http://feeds.theonion.com/onionnewsnetwork
com.sun.syndication.io.ParsingFeedException: Invalid XML: Error on line 1: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".
at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:198)
at com.sun.syndication.io.SyndFeedInput.build(SyndFeedInput.java:123)
at net.pms.dlna.Feed.parse(Feed.java:111)
at net.pms.dlna.Feed.resolveOnce(Feed.java:94)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.resolve(DLNAResource.java:1504)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.syncResolve(DLNAResource.java:1495)
at net.pms.dlna.DLNAResource.run(DLNAResource.java:1296)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.jdom.input.JDOMParseException: Error on line 1: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:468)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:851)
at com.sun.syndication.io.WireFeedInput.build(WireFeedInput.java:194)
... 9 common frames omitted
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.fatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLScanner.reportFatalError(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLNSDocumentScannerImpl.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.jdom.input.SAXBuilder.build(SAXBuilder.java:453)
... 11 common frames omitted
20:46:35 INFO Stopped playing XXXXX.HDTV.HEVC.x265_xvid.avi on your KD-49XE9005

Its like it tries to do other things (podcast? Onionnews?) while loading the video??
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Deleting your WEB.conf file, or disabling "Enable external network" in the "General Configuration" tab should solve this error.

Further help could be give only with your full trace log as explained in the forum rules write in red.
stormy

Post by stormy »

Thanks, I will see if that improves performance.