Samsung Smart TV not finding UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DonWatts

Samsung Smart TV not finding UMS

Post by DonWatts »

My Samsung Smart TV, found the UMS once. Now it can not locate through the Source. UMS sees TV on the Status Page.
I can't play music or videos on TV from UMS.
Does anybody have the same problem?
Thanks Don
chiops

Re: Samsung Smart TV not finding UMS

Post by chiops »

Yes, it's happening with my Samsung smart TV as well.

The problem started after I installed the latest Java 8 on March 31, but I don't know if that's be related or not.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

If you're running UMS on Windows, most likely is the firewall rules (Java installer sometimes leave them pointing to an older Java version instead of the new one). Just edit them to point to the new javaw.exe location.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
Iceberg2837

Post by Iceberg2837 »

Wolfgan would you happen to know how to change the Java because I'm having the same problem with my smart tv as well.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Iceberg2837 wrote:Wolfgan would you happen to know how to change the Java because I'm having the same problem with my smart tv as well.
Just edit the rule mentioning Java and change the program path to the newer Java executable (see http://www.howtogeek.com/112564/how-to- ... -firewall/)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )