Cant pick a point in video or music I have to start at beginning?

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
gpx45

Cant pick a point in video or music I have to start at beginning?

Post by gpx45 »

Hello everyone I'm really new to UMS and I've made a server on my computer to stream, it all seems to work fine however when I want to start a video or song I cant slide down the track to where I want to start it at it doesn't let me??? I am forced to start everything from the beginning?? can someone help me??
Wolfgan

Re: Cant pick a point in video or music I have to start at beginning?

Post by Wolfgan »

gpx45 wrote:Hello everyone I'm really new to UMS and I've made a server on my computer to stream, it all seems to work fine however when I want to start a video or song I cant slide down the track to where I want to start it at it doesn't let me??? I am forced to start everything from the beginning?? can someone help me??
The RW/FF or pick a time functionality doesn't depend on the server, but the renderer/player you're using... I can do it with my Samsung Smart TV or an old WDTV w/o any issue.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
newbietux

Post by newbietux »

You must use the control-cross - the right button to go forward and the left to go back (rewind). The standard FW/RW-buttons are not working.

But on many of the newer mkv videos the function "spooling" is not working. At this files no playtime are showed (if you press the "info"-button) . I think this is a new way from the studios to boykott non standard players - but this is only my suspicion :?
iraisok

Post by iraisok »

I am also a new user to UMS. Very impressed having PURCHASED other media servers. When I use KRR, my previous favorite, I am able to use FR/FF and I do see progress bar move. I was able to see that on my two DLNA complatible players: Sony BDP-S3100 and LG B590. I do not have that functionality with UMS. Perhaps there are string(s) I can add, modify cfg files for each player?

One of the renderer icon files that are found does show player controls. What are the other files that have same ip as my Sony BDP-S3100 that do not show player controls? Thinking my player is not using the render file that shows the player controls.