Can't scroll and doesn't refresh

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
whatever61

Can't scroll and doesn't refresh

Post by whatever61 »

Ok, so I am giving this a last chance.

Before using UMS, I used the DLNA of my router by connecting an external USB drive, which is a super simple DLNA service. Now I had to move all my media to an internal HDD inside a PC, so I cannot use it anymore, so I am trying UMC.

1. There are tons of complaints about scrolling forward. Some say its because of subtitles, some because it's a MKV. I constantly experience problems, even with subtitles disabled. Sometimes the whole TV will hang and load it endlessly, sometimes it will scroll not where I asked it and etc.
My question is, if I will disable transcoding will this problem be resolved?

2. How do I disable transcoding? I don't see any option. who said I need any transcoding? not clear

3. Any time there's a change on the HDD, it doesn't adjust it. I need to restart the UMC server, then it will be shown. Is that how it should be?

It has so much fancy functionality, but it seems like the most basic stuff is not working properly..
Thanks
whatever61

Re: Can't scroll and doesn't refresh

Post by whatever61 »

Actually, it doesn't matter anymore.

Just installed PLEX and even using the free version you realize what a piece of amateur garbage UMS is.
Not really clear why would you even release it, when there are mature good solutions out there.

Go ahead and ban my user. I don't give a shit anyway :)
Supermanfan77

Re: Can't scroll and doesn't refresh

Post by Supermanfan77 »

whatever61 wrote:Actually, it doesn't matter anymore.

Just installed PLEX and even using the free version you realize what a piece of amateur garbage UMS is.
Not really clear why would you even release it, when there are mature good solutions out there.

Go ahead and ban my user. I don't give a shit anyway :)
An old saying comes to mind, "you catch more bees with honey". Point is instead of complaining about something not working help the devs by providing logs, it's one of the reasons this forum exists, to expand the functionality of UMS and to fix any bugs that do pop up from time to time with an open sourced program.