Playstation 4 stopping video

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Fliedel

Playstation 4 stopping video

Post by Fliedel »

Every ~30 minutes my video stream on my Ps4 stops.

My PS4 is up do date and I use a windows 10 pc with UMS 6.4.

Logs just say : "Stopped playing video on your PlayStation 4"
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Playstation 4 stopping video

Post by SubJunk »

We need logs as described in the Problem Reporting Guidelines
Fliedel

Post by Fliedel »

Oh yes sorry, here
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(195.18 KiB) Downloaded 447 times
CZSK

Post by CZSK »

Fliedel wrote:Every ~30 minutes my video stream on my Ps4 stops.

My PS4 is up do date and I use a windows 10 pc with UMS 6.4.

Logs just say : "Stopped playing video on your PlayStation 4"
I had the same issue. Delete java and UMS on your PC and media player on your PS4 (dont forget to delete media players save file on your PS4, its under options). After that, reinstall everything. that should fix it. still, there seems to be some issue with a UMS on a PS4.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

It might just be enough to uninstall and install Java, we have had reports of that fixing issues
Fliedel

Post by Fliedel »

reinstalled Java.
Still the same ._.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Can you please post logs after reproducing the issue with this build? It might give us more details on it: http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... liedel.exe
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

try to get the latest java as possible look for 8.92 on the oracle website or the 8.112b01 early acess both versions 6.3.2 and 6.40 are working fine with ps4 i've tested hundreds of times with both wifi and wired with Windows 10 64bit both ums versions that i've tested are java 8 compatible. also make sure that the java you're getting is the right one for your Windows system. ;)
Last edited by erick diangilis on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erick diangilis

Post by erick diangilis »

hi i tried this 6.4.1 snapshot with this movie cell provided on the log and watched for more than 30 minutes. it worked fine and didn't disconnects not once.
here's the log:

00:21:29 INFO Started playing Cell 2016 720p WEB-DL x264 AC3-JYK.mkv on your PlayStation 4
00:57:53 INFO Stopped playing Cell 2016 720p WEB-DL x264 AC3-JYK.mkv on your PlayStation 4

even the older one like 6.3.2 and the newest one 6.4.0 are working fine with ps4 i've tested a lot both and they not disconnected once my guess is that the problem could be there my friend i think you should review the ps4, pc configuration and java to see what really going on.
i would like to thank you subjunk for providing this amazing build i like it in everyway it took everything that i loved the most in 6.3.2 and improved upon it.
the playback is awesome with deep dark blacks and beautiful bright whites, the light is fantastic, the colors are so incredible and the Picture is sharp and clean almost no stuter in the movement. the sound is pretty good and a few vídeos that i had to transcode before are working fine now without and playing so much better. this one have a great potential to be a 6.4.1 or 6.4.2 in the future.

and before i finish my ps4 is with 3.55 update, wired connected directly to the modem, the media player is 2.00, my pc is with Windows 10 64 bits with java 8.112 b01 sdk early acess also in 64bits.

i hope this post helps in someway if there's is something else that i could do please let know have a good weekend you guys and good luck in your situation. ;)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks for that erick, it does help to know it's stable for you :)