[SOLVED] [PS4] Won't let me force external .srt file

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Sephirod

[SOLVED] [PS4] Won't let me force external .srt file

Post by Sephirod »

Hi, i had the issue since versions after 6.3.2 that i couldn't even play the file with embeded .srt file if i forced an external .srt and for video files without .srt files embedded i couldn't play if the text in the external .srt wasn't UTF-8 format <-- but this last issue is solved since 6.4.0 and that's great.

Now with 6.4.0 if i want to play a video file with an internal .srt on PS4 but with my own external .srt subtitle file it will play but with the embbeded .srt subtitles, even if i forced my external .srt in the settings, i tried to change the languages priority and put a forced language in the subtitles settings but nothing changes.

I have "Force external subtitles" and "load automically subtitles with the same file name" enabled. And i have no issues loading the .srt files with the same file name when there's no embeded .srt in the video file. And i can finally see the length of the video when playing and fast forward or rewind if i want to now thanks to 6.4.0 so that's great too :D

Anyway, hope it's not confusing and you guys will figure it out :)
Last edited by Sephirod on Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Re: [PS4] Won't let me force external .srt file

Post by squadjot »

Can you provide logs of it?
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556

That should help the devs pinpoint what went wrong
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

Try clearing out the Audio/Subtitle Language Priority setting. I had similar problems with my PS3 and that fixed it for me.

For me I have .ass subs in UTF-8-BOM. I need the -BOM for special characters to display properly. UMS cannot properly identify the language of these subs. You may not have this issue as you are using .srt. So my internal subs were identified as eng, the external sub as und(efined), and with eng,off;*,eng;*,und in that setting, the internal eng subtitles were displayed. Blanking out that setting worked for me with external subs preferred.
Sephirod

Post by Sephirod »

Madoka wrote:Try clearing out the Audio/Subtitle Language Priority setting. I had similar problems with my PS3 and that fixed it for me.

For me I have .ass subs in UTF-8-BOM. I need the -BOM for special characters to display properly. UMS cannot properly identify the language of these subs. You may not have this issue as you are using .srt. So my internal subs were identified as eng, the external sub as und(efined), and with eng,off;*,eng;*,und in that setting, the internal eng subtitles were displayed. Blanking out that setting worked for me with external subs preferred.
Dang, it worked. Thanks ! (6.5.0)