Stutters streaming

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
miguelfcp

Stutters streaming

Post by miguelfcp »

Hi guys.

I really love your program but I have an issue which is blowing my mind.

When I turn on my PS4 and the program only detects the console everything works fine. But if I have my Smart TV turned ON, UMS detects the TV and the streaming on PS4 starts to stuttering.

How can I resolve this? Is there a way for the program detects only the console?

Thanks for your attention.
Best regards!
erick diangilis

Re: Stutters streaming

Post by erick diangilis »

hi i had a similar problem here so the solution that i've found was to disable the tv wifi and change for wired since the tv is not connected by wire stoped to be reconized by my network and by the ums as well. maybe you should take alook if your tv have this option on the networks settings.

i hope it helps have a nice weekend. ;)
miguelfcp

Post by miguelfcp »

erick diangilis wrote:hi i had a similar problem here so the solution that i've found was to disable the tv wifi and change for wired since the tv is not connected by wire stoped to be reconized by my network and by the ums as well. maybe you should take alook if your tv have this option on the networks settings.

Thanks for your help. Gonna try this!
atamariya

Post by atamariya »

What's the configuration of the device running UMS?
miguelfcp

Post by miguelfcp »

erick diangilis wrote:hi i had a similar problem here so the solution that i've found was to disable the tv wifi and change for wired since the tv is not connected by wire stoped to be reconized by my network and by the ums as well. maybe you should take alook if your tv have this option on the networks settings.

Tried a moment ago and my TV only let me select Wire if has an Ethernet cable inserted.
atamariya wrote:What's the configuration of the device running UMS?
My PC is using ethernet cable and my PS4 too. Only smart tv is wireless. Everything works fine only when TV is turned off
erick diangilis

hi my laptop asus z450l is connected wired and my ps4 too on the modem wifi router tplink only my tv is wireless same as you but my tv allows me to choose the ethernet output even without a cable connected so looks like that you re going to have to disable the wireless somehow on the tv it seems like your tv is stealing all the bandwich making the rest working slow someway. other thing that could be happening is that your ums is not properly configured to your computer to make the streaming more smooth for your ps4. also make sure that you have the lastest java as possible according to your Windows system mine is the Windows 10 64 bits and my java is 8 update 112b04 but there is also the 8 update 102 you can get one of them from the oracle website on the java se link.
finally check if your ps4 is also configured properly to your network there are some modems that have auto update function sometimes they reset the configurations to a new default that could be causing conflitcs between the devices.

i hope this information helps somehow have a good day. ;)

os : you can talk to me if you like since you have the ps4 my psn id is erickdiangilis same as here and also on the facebook.
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

miguelfcp wrote:Tried a moment ago and my TV only let me select Wire if has an Ethernet cable inserted.
Well, naturally. Your TV is not going to let you use the Ethernet jack if you don't have a cable inserted.

But if it works better with your TV not connected, then just whitelist your PS4 and not your TV.
miguelfcp

Post by miguelfcp »

Madoka wrote:
miguelfcp wrote:Tried a moment ago and my TV only let me select Wire if has an Ethernet cable inserted.
Well, naturally. Your TV is not going to let you use the Ethernet jack if you don't have a cable inserted.

But if it works better with your TV not connected, then just whitelist your PS4 and not your TV.
That's what I want to know. How can I configure UMS to detect only PS4?
erick diangilis

depends my tv alows me to change from ethernet or wifi even if there is no cable connectect to it so i a leave in ethernet mode to avoid being detected by the ums. about the Whitelist i have no idea too how it work wich would by nice if can select wich device i want to be found by the ums and those i don't want to.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@miguelfpc Your just need to correctly configurate UMS following our Wiki.

Or post your trace log, as explained in red above your first pots, meaning that it mandatory to get any help.