File Not Supported with Bravia XBR 55X700D (v6.5.2)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
mikedarooky

File Not Supported with Bravia XBR 55X700D (v6.5.2)

Post by mikedarooky »

Got a Sony Bravia XBR 55X700D with Android TV.

Updated to the latest build (6.5.2). Got UMS set up and recognized by the TV.

Can navigate to files, see thumbnails, etc but when I go to play I get the "File Format Not Supported" error.

These are .mp4 and .mkv files and play perfectly fine through the same setup on my Samsung Smart TV (PN51D).

Does anyone have a fix suggestion?

****Update******

Okay, so I had some of the renderers unchecked and re-checked them all. After doing that, when I play the movie file, the audio starts but the video never does. After about 2 minutes, I get the error message "Cannot play video" and it kicks me back out to the list.

Not sure if this is a network issue or with the TV or with UMS. I have a 125 Mbit wired network but the files are transmitted over wireless. Using Auto wireless Transcoding settings.

???
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
Debug files
(266.43 KiB) Downloaded 454 times
gideond

Re: File Not Supported with Bravia XBR 55X700D (v6.5.2)

Post by gideond »

I had the same issues with m4a files not wanting to play with a similar error. It seems like this version of UMS is having a lot of problems when installing over a previous build. I had to use Revo Uninstaller to get rid of all the files UMS uninstaller leaves behind. Then I fresh installed and the problem "seems" to be resolved. At least for now.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi gideond, we are working on support for 2016 Sony TVs now. We have a version you can try at http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... S-Dan2.exe which should work but not with transcoding yet. It would be good if you could try forcing detection of different renderers in UMS and see if any of them are able to transcode to your TV
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

SubJunk wrote:Hi gideond, we are working on support for 2016 Sony TVs now. We have a version you can try at http://www.universalmediaserver.com/upl ... S-Dan2.exe which should work but not with transcoding yet. It would be good if you could try forcing detection of different renderers in UMS and see if any of them are able to transcode to your TV
Hi,
I've tried this version o nmy Sony KD65-XD7505 and no video play
Here is the debug log, i hope it will help ;)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(49.92 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
AlGrenadine

Post by AlGrenadine »

Bump