Java 'OutofMemory' error crashes - please help!

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

Re: Java 'OutofMemory' error crashes - please help!

Post by boss »

@Nadahar
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

I have set a cron job for 4.30am each day. It would be rare that UMS would be used at that time. And if on the odd occasion it is, that's a lot better than having to restart UMS manually every 2 days or so when I or someone else finds it has crashed.

:D
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

@boss Good to hear ;)
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

We are working on fixes for this. Like Nadahar said it has been a problem since UMS v5. You can probably use UMS v4 forever without this problem, I don't know if that is an option since you lose a lot of the latest stuff but it might be more stable for your purposes :)
jdc2389

Post by jdc2389 »

Thanks for the responses, I wish it wasn't an issue so I can recommend this as a total replacement to other dubious dlna servers. I'll be really happy if you guys manage to fix it up eventually. So are you saying version 4.4.0 is completely free of these problems?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

The problematic design was made for the 5.0.0 release, so any previous version should be without it. That said, a lot has happened since then, so there will be many other things that has evolved a lot since then.