PS3 networking crashes after latest update

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jmarler

PS3 networking crashes after latest update

Post by jmarler »

Ever since the last firmware update, my PS3 has started having trouble with it's network stack. While playing videos via UMS or YouTube, the entire network stack will crash and the PS3 loses all network capability. This happens most frequently if I pause a video for more than a few seconds. The only way to fix this is to reboot the PS3 entirely. Sometimes it happens within minutes of powering on the PS3, and sometimes it doesn't happen until it's been powered on for several hours, so I do not believe it is heat related. Has anyone else seen anything similar since the last firmware update?
geaves

Re: PS3 networking crashes after latest update

Post by geaves »

Have to be honest not had a problem current version 4.41, and my PS3 is on ethernet.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

Same here, didnt see any issue like that with UMS and PS3.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
jmarler

Post by jmarler »

I'm wired as well. It's the oddest thing ... It doesn't always happen when watching video via UMS either. It happens in YouTube, Netflix ... If I pause a video, it seems to make the problem worse, but I've seen it happen immediately on boot-up.
geaves

Post by geaves »

Then it just might be a networking issue, I would start looking at connections, cables, switch etc.
GrindheadJim

Post by GrindheadJim »

And word on this? I just got a PS3 two weeks ago, and mine can't even see the UMS. PS3MS, no problem, but it's as if UMS doesn't exist. I'm on a wired LAN. Ideas?
Optimus_prime

Post by Optimus_prime »

I haven't had a problem either, but if your having a problem maybe post a debug log on trace(find out how at this link viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556) restart UMS via the button on the top and try and detect the Media Servers on the PS3. I hope that may shed some light on why your having this issue
How Ask For Support
Remember, Debug Log's Can/Will Help and Explain your issues, we're not mind reader's but here to help
OS's I Use And Can Assist With: Windows 7/8, Mac OS-X 10.8 & 10.9
Mac OS-X Java 7 Builds Mac OS-X Java 7 Forum
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

GrindheadJim wrote:And word on this? I just got a PS3 two weeks ago, and mine can't even see the UMS. PS3MS, no problem, but it's as if UMS doesn't exist. I'm on a wired LAN. Ideas?
Did you update to the latest 4.46 firmware?
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
GrindheadJim

Post by GrindheadJim »

Wolfgan wrote:
GrindheadJim wrote:And word on this? I just got a PS3 two weeks ago, and mine can't even see the UMS. PS3MS, no problem, but it's as if UMS doesn't exist. I'm on a wired LAN. Ideas?
Did you update to the latest 4.46 firmware?
Yes, thanks for asking. No change. I am going to run the log and post here later today.