.mkv rewind has handbrake on with PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
gorblimey

.mkv rewind has handbrake on with PS3

Post by gorblimey »

Ah, I've read and understand the reporting guidelines, but I need to ask a question to find what questions I should ask... :?

I'm currently using 6.5.1 CAT5'd to a PS3 HDMI'd to the Bravia TV. The PS3 gets all the updates as soon as it asks for them. However, the problem was evident on all previous releases. I'm about to download UMS 6.5.2, just in case.

When viewing Matroska files, rewinding is rather like having the handbrake on in the car: motion is delayed, and jerky when it does happen. Is this normal?

I've also noticed that after using the BOX button to access "chapters" on the PS3 controller, audio often lags behind the video after a few seconds of play, and I need to stop the playback for a few seconds and restart it. I do not know if this is related to the rewind problem.

So the big question is: Is this behaviour normal for Matroska files? If not, what changes do I need to make that don't involve ReBox or Handbrake?

FWIW, AVIs and MP4s never gave--or give--any problems on playback.

Oh yes. I almost as familiar with codexes and muxing as I am with the Klingon language. (I know absolutely nothing about Klingon...)