LG TV No DTS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Jaz808

LG TV No DTS

Post by Jaz808 »

I have a LG 55LW6500 3D Cinema TV, and it doesn't support DTS, most modern LG TV's dont,
LG didnt pay the licensing or somethining like that
Is there a way for UMS to transcode DTS on the fly to AC3 or something ?

On another note my TV didnt have the correct Rendeer/Config it was seen as the LG Smart Box addon, LG ST600, and that caused some mkvs not to load, then the TV loses connection to the server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: LG TV No DTS

Post by SubJunk »

Jaz808 wrote:Is there a way for UMS to transcode DTS on the fly to AC3 or something ?
Yes, that is the default option for the server. DTS serving is disabled by default. In the LG Smart TV Upgrader it is enabled by default but that is one of the rare cases.
Jaz808 wrote:On another note my TV didnt have the correct Rendeer/Config it was seen as the LG Smart Box addon, LG ST600, and that caused some mkvs not to load, then the TV loses connection to the server
Please delete the file "LGST600.conf" from the renderers folder in your installation directory then run the program and try to connect with your TV. Then attach the debug.log here. That will give me information to see if we can improve support for your device.
Jaz808

Post by Jaz808 »

I have attached the log below

I made this from a bit of Editting, but not sure if it will damage anything, i did see a warning about not to edit files
Everything runs fine and its quick to load a movie, but still have the DTS problem

Code: Select all

# LG TV 

RendererName=LG 3D TV
RendererIcon=bravia5500.png
UserAgentSearch=UPnP/1.0 DLNADOC/1.50
UserAgentAdditionalHeader=X-AV-Client-Info
Video=true
Audio=true
Image=true
SeekByTime=false
TranscodeVideo=MPEGTSAC3
TranscodeAudio=LPCM
DefaultVBVBufSize=true
MuxH264ToMpegTS=false
MuxDTSToMpeg=false
WrapDTSIntoPCM=flase
MuxLPCMToMpeg=false
MaxVideoBitrateMbps=0
MaxVideoWidth=1920
MaxVideoHeight=1080
H264Level41Limited=true
DLNALocalizationRequired=true

MediaParserV2_ThumbnailGeneration=false

ChunkedTransfer=true

MediaInfo=true

# [Supported video formats]:
Supported = f:mpegps|mpegts	v:mpeg1|mpeg2	 a:ac3|dts|lpcm|mpa|mp3				m:video/mpeg 
Supported = f:mpegts		v:h264|vc1	 a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts
Supported = f:mp4|m4v		v:mp4|h264	 a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:avi|divx		v:divx|mp4	 a:ac3|lpcm|mpa|mp3				m:video/mpeg
Supported = f:mkv		v:mp4|divx|h264	 a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3	m:video/vnd.dlna.mpeg-tts

# [Supported audio formats]:
Supported = f:wma	n:2	m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:mp3	n:2	m:audio/mpeg
Supported = f:lpcm 	n:2 	s:48000 m:audio/L16

# [Supported image formats]
Supported = f:jpg m:image/jpeg
Attachments
debug.log
(17.89 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

You spelled "false" wrong in one of the DTS entries, I wonder if that is the problem?
By the way, can you tell me the exact model name of your TV?

Try this one:
Attachments
LGTV.conf
(1.4 KiB) Downloaded 691 times
Jaz808

Post by Jaz808 »

Its an Australian Model LG 55LW6500
3D Passive Cinema Range 2011,
still being sold in stores till April-May 2012, new model with Dual Screen View for 2 Player Games has just came out

Thx for picking up my spelling mistake, it might just be that, i will test tonight my time and report back

As being a newbie trying to understand these config file's, so sorry if this is a numb question,
Under [Supported video formats]: ..... Supported = f:mkv ......... v:mp4|divx|h264 ........ a:ac3|dts|dtshd|truehd|aac|lpcm|mpa|mp3
wouldn't anything to do with dts be taken out, or would it mean that MKV with dts would not be supported if taken out

I am still confused as i thought UMS transcoded DTS to AC3 if this was the case then i shoud Not have a problem, unless there is a setting i missed
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Jaz808 wrote:i will test tonight my time and report back
Cool :D
Jaz808

Post by Jaz808 »

Thx SubJunk, tried your config/render but,
The LG TV still says "Unsupported Audio" for Mkv's with DTS
The TV shows the Audio as Unknown, Info from TV, File Format H.26 / Unknown / 1280x720

LG recommends "Plex Media Server" , as its a Smart Tv one of the Apps is called Media Link, and that talks to Plex and can play DTS
Maybe someone who knows what they are looking for can see how Plex does it