TV stops playback after a while

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Lyhis

TV stops playback after a while

Post by Lyhis »

Hi!

I've searched here and googled the problem, but any solution I have found, has not worked for me.
Problem:
When watching videos on my Philips PFL7605/H12, the playback stops after 20-30 minutes, and TV says to switch on my computer and/or media server. The biggest problem is, i don't understand why. It used to work like a charm under W7, and after the free upgrade it worked fine aswell, but then after some months, this happened. Formatting didn't help, so it should not be a software thing. I haven't used it in months now, but watching stuff on laptop got old and i hoped that maybe with the latest UMS build (java7), it would work...no luck. The previous version was Java8, but i uninstalled both, and got a fresh start with java7 UMS 6.5.3.
Devices:
PC: W10 (latest), i7 3770; AMD HD 7950; 8GB RAM; SSD Samsung Evo 840 (UMS installed here); HDD 2TB (videos here)
TV: Philips PFL 7605/H12 (firmare Version: 000.140.047.000 (latest))
Connected through a wifi router (has been from the beginning, nothing has changed there)

I've tried to understand the log myself, but that just seems like gibberish to me, so... here's hoping that someone can help me.

Cheers and thanks in advance.
PS! In the log, it shows i've started the video several times - that was my bad. It was trying to resume (but resuming does not work for me, so it skips over, but i accidentally cancelled when it was on the right file)
ums_dbg.zip
(135.06 KiB) Downloaded 405 times
Chalkiejim

Re: TV stops playback after a while

Post by Chalkiejim »

I had the same problem as this. I had to go on my pc and open up device manager. From there open up network adapters by double left clicking it. Now right click your network adapter and click on properties. Click the POWER MANAGEMENT tab and look at the ALLOW THIS COMPUTER TO TURN OFF THIS DEVICE TO SAVE POWER box. If it has a tick in it left click to un-check it. Click OK then close all the screens. I hope this works for you as it did for me . If you need any help just ask.
Lyhis

Re: TV stops playback after a while

Post by Lyhis »

Thanks for the idea.
Unfortunately it did not work. I had the Allow to save power checked, but after removing it, nothing changed.
As a side note, I would like to add, that I "lose connection" even when not watching any video. I noticed this when i stopped watching a movie, to watch the news on TV, and I switched from "browsing PC" to "TV". Up until that point everything was fine, and I even checked 5 minutes later, and TV and UMS were still connected nicely. But after some 30 minutes, the connection was lost, and the TV told me again to "turn on your PC and/or media server".