UMS removing file numbers on PS4

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
WelshPaul

UMS removing file numbers on PS4

Post by WelshPaul »

Hi folks,
I've recently started using UMS to stream music to my PS4 and have noticed that, although it plays perfectly, the track numbers that I keep at the beginning of the file name are not being registered.

For instance, here's the folder on my network drive:

However, UMS displays it on my Playstation in alphabetical order, having removed the numbers from the beginning:

If I go into the #--TRANSCODE--# folder, each file is there with its original name as per the first picture, but each is in its own folder. How can I force UMS to leave the file names intact when streaming?

Thanks
Sami32

Re: UMS removing file numbers on PS4

Post by Sami32 »

Hello,

did you already tried to change "File order" and "Prettify filanames" parameters in the "Navigation/Share settings" tab ?

If yes, you can try to add this line into your PS4 configuration file:

Code: Select all

PrependTrackNumbers = true
Madoka

Post by Madoka »

I have noticed the same thing. I don't use prettify. I have sorting at alphanumeric. It looks ok on my PS3, but not the PS4. I tried the prepend line to no avail. I think it's just how the PS4 reads file names. For example, I have a few folders that I always want on top, so I add ~ before the folder name, ie. ~Foldername. These folders are at the top on the PC and in the PS3, but at the bottom in the PS4.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

I guess that you all already knew that it was a Sony issue only:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/ ... p/23352438

So, if i understood correctly, you have choice between waiting for a fix from Sony or delete all your tags music.
mik_s

Post by mik_s »

been testing this out myself and found that the PS4 is sorting by MP3 Title and not by filename so prepend track numbers has no effect. would it be possible to alter the tags to add track numbers to the title tag on the fly before being sent to the PS4? as i doubt sony will update the Mediaplayer anytime soon to fix this and other issues.
Logs are important for us to help, Please follow This Link before asking for support. Just a forum cleaner, Will help if I can but no expert.