Subtitles won't load

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Shanael

Subtitles won't load

Post by Shanael »

Please bear with me - I'm not great with tech speak, and I basically know enough about UMS to get it up and running in a general sense.

I used PS3 media server for years before giving up on it due to horrible lag and buffering times. I started using UMS a few months ago and it has worked infinitely better, save for the fact that I can't get external subtitles to load. I've tried 3 versions of UMS (including the most recent) and two different files (one mkv, one avi) and nothing. The subtitles are .srt and have the exact same filename as the movie and are contained in the same folder. I don't get any errors, they just don't load. I did change the audio/subtitles language priority to blank, and I have browsed through the help section and looked at the FAQ involving subtitles, and I just can't figure it out. I'm hoping it's something just staring me in the face.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(217.31 KiB) Downloaded 316 times
valib
Developer

Re: Subtitles won't load

Post by valib »

The problem is that you named your video like

Code: Select all

Arrival.2016.DVDScr.x264-4RRIVED.mkv.mp4
but subtitles name is

Arrival.2016.DVDScr.x264-4RRIVED.srt
which is evidently not the same name. You should either reaname video to

Arrival.2016.DVDScr.x264-4RRIVED.mp4
or subs to

Arrival.2016.DVDScr.x264-4RRIVED.mkv.srt
Shanael

Re: Subtitles won't load

Post by Shanael »

Oh man - my folders weren't set to show the extension and I thought .mkv/.avi was the file extension, not just part of the name. Never even thought to look. Good grief. Thank you!