Subtitle settings not working

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
moeinbiz

Subtitle settings not working

Post by moeinbiz »

Hello
I just installed Universal Media Server and my MiraScreen device detected and worked fine but the problem is I want to load Persian subtitles while the server always load english one.
I have changed settings but there is no Save button so I suppose it's autosave in this version, isn't it?
In fact not only subtitle priority but also other settings such as font and size not working too.
Did I forget anything?
Here is a screenshot of subtitle settings:
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (19.47 KiB) Viewed 14876 times
Madoka

Re: Subtitle settings not working

Post by Madoka »

Are you using .srt or ass subs? Does that device support either format? I'm going to assume no for the following.

First try getting rid of *,eng in the audio/subtitles line. Or you can change it to *,per. If that doesn't work, try getting rid of everything in that line.

In the FFmpeg subsection, check "Use font settings..." (I think that's what it's called. UMS is not running right now). That should activate fontconfig to use your font/size settings.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hello moeinbiz,

You should follow the Madoka advice for your subtitles styling.
Though you should deselect the "Use embedded style" option in the "Subtitles settings" sub tab.

About your subtitles setting your should read our wiki:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... -Subtitles
moeinbiz

Post by moeinbiz »

Madoka wrote:Are you using .srt or ass subs? Does that device support either format? I'm going to assume no for the following.

First try getting rid of *,eng in the audio/subtitles line. Or you can change it to *,per. If that doesn't work, try getting rid of everything in that line.

In the FFmpeg subsection, check "Use font settings..." (I think that's what it's called. UMS is not running right now). That should activate fontconfig to use your font/size settings.
Sorry for late reply cause I got no notification or email regarding any reply to my thread.
I'm using srt subs and checking "Use font settings (size, color ...)" worked for me!
Thank you buddy. :D
By the way is there any option to support multiple subtitles on one video stream? I used to watch movies (KMPlayer) in English and Persian subtitles at same time.
moeinbiz

Post by moeinbiz »

Sami32 wrote:Hello moeinbiz,

You should follow the Madoka advice for your subtitles styling.
Though you should deselect the "Use embedded style" option in the "Subtitles settings" sub tab.

About your subtitles setting your should read our wiki:
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... -Subtitles
Thank you Sami
The problem solved fortunately but I will read the wiki for cause I need some other option too.
well noted for embedded style.
tnx
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

You are welcome moeinbiz :)

No more than one subtitle display at this time, AFAIK.
You can submit a request on our Github repository, and address it to our subtitles developper @Valib.
Last edited by Sami32 on Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
moeinbiz

Post by moeinbiz »

I guessed so!
But didn't find any request or comment section there, can you point me to that?
moeinbiz

Post by moeinbiz »

Done. tnx

BTW do you have any idea regarding this:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=9239