Videos defualt to mpeg not AVC UMS 6.60 ps3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
jp0213x

Re: Videos defualt to mpeg not AVC UMS 6.60 ps3

Post by jp0213x »

Sami32 wrote:It seem that you forget to read our Wiki :(
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... ttings-tab
https://github.com/UniversalMediaServer ... s-settings

And you omit to say that when you played movies with subtitles in UMS 5.1.3 you didn't get "AVC"...
It look like a good reason to upgrade your UMS version to me ;)

In "Transcoding Settings" tab, the option "Use font settings..." in the "FFmpeg" video engine should be selected

In the "Transcoding Settings" tab, unselect the "Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding" option in the "FFmpeg" video engine.

In the "Audio settings" sub tab, select "Keep AC-3 tracks".

Adding this line into your renderer configuration file will not hurt:

Code: Select all

RemoveTagsFromSRTSubtitles = false
P.S. Please, when this issue will be solved, don't forget to add "[Solved]" in front of the title of your first post. Thanks.
Sure I will check back in a bit, also could you check my other post for static issues, I posted logs as well

Thanks
jp0213x

Post by jp0213x »

So with UMS 5.1.3 I did get AVC with movies and for most shows. Anything with subtitles srt or internal subs UMS some how knew to play the correct video engine which was FFmpeg. I am still having the same problems with 6.60, video won't play when "disable subtitles" is unchecked. I am just trying to get 6.60 to work the same as 5.1.3
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

UMS 5.1.3 is using MEncoder engine, that himself defer to tsMuxeR when no subtitles was met.

You have forget to do that, as asked:
In the "Transcoding Settings" tab, unselect the "Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding" option in the "FFmpeg" video engine.
You didn't specified any font in "Subtitles settings" sub tab, at the "Specify TrueType font" line.

In the "Transcoding Settings" tab, go to "Subtitles settings" tab and unselect "Use embedded style" option.
jp0213x

Post by jp0213x »

Sami32 wrote:UMS 5.1.3 is using MEncoder engine, that himself defer to tsMuxeR when no subtitles was met.

You have forget to do that, as asked:
You didn't specified any font in "Subtitles settings" sub tab, at the "Specify TrueType font" line.

In the "Transcoding Settings" tab, go to "Subtitles settings" tab and unselect "Use embedded style" option.
"Remux video with tsMuxer when possible instead of transcoding" was already deselected. I also deselected "use embedded style" Not sure what I am supposed to do with specified font, am I suppose browse to a font style? I am still having problems with the video playing. I never had to deal with this setting in past UMS.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

No it was not, and your configuration file confirm that:
# Remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of transcoding
# --------------------------------------------------------------
# Whether FFmpeg should remux videos with tsMuxeR when possible instead of
# transcoding
# Default: true
ffmpeg_mux_tsmuxer_compatible =
I just read your log ! so if you don't agree that your problem.

And stop repeat that it was better before, or stick with the old version.

If you don't select a font, or read Wiki, don't expect have subtitles displayed...

As you didn't yet changed correctly, editing manually your UMS.conf file, the correct if possible, will be a better choice in your case. Set the value to "false".
Last edited by Sami32 on Wed Mar 15, 2017 4:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
jp0213x

Post by jp0213x »

Am I suppose to be rebooting UMS each time I make changes? I am doing what you are asking.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

I did already told you to unselect "Defer to MEncoder" ! as it will use tsMuxeR from MEncoder option.
jp0213x

Post by jp0213x »

Are these the correct settings?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Yes, they look like, but all the time you say you have done and your log or configuration files doesn't agree.

As your configuration file doesn't have the same informations that you say doing, because you run other instances or whatever reason, better for you to replace all your UMS.conf by that one:
UMS.conf
(38.88 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
jp0213x

Post by jp0213x »

This is what I get with your config, is this correct?