SOLVED - UMS shows smart tv but tv not showing UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
J_345

SOLVED - UMS shows smart tv but tv not showing UMS

Post by J_345 »

I just bought a new windows PC i am running the latest update of UMS and UMS find my smart TV its a Samsung J series i think but the TV isn't showing UMS i also tried older versions same problems I also have a Macbook Air which works prefect so it doesnt seem to be a UMS problem just wondering if anyone has this or had this problem thanks.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(30.15 KiB) Downloaded 486 times
Last edited by J_345 on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J_345

Re: UMS shows smart tv but tv not showing UMS

Post by J_345 »

I figured it out i didn't need to disable the firewall which by the way i don't think anyone should it leaves your computer vulnerable what i did was allow javascript to pass the firewall what was weird there was more than one javascript the needed to be approved i think it only let the old version of java.exe through its in the outbound rules in windows firewall with advance security at least in windows 10 and you need to allow the newer ones so check that to be sure hope this helps everyone else that may be having this problem.
J_345

Post by J_345 »

Sami32 wrote:Try disabling your firewall.

Please, take time to give feedback 8-)
Sure give feedback where exactly
J_345

Post by J_345 »

Sami32 wrote:
Please, take time to give feedback 8-)
Sure give feedback where exactly
Sami32

[Solved] UMS shows smart tv but tv not showing UMS

Post by Sami32 »

You just did ;)

Of course, it was only for testing purpose before you get your firewall configuration right, as explaining how to do is not my strong point...
That's said, these day people have a firewall on their PC that's of no use, except eat their CPU and giving them issue, as they had already a firewall on their router.

Glad you succeed 8-)

P.S. Could you, please, add [Solved] in front of your title in your first post ? Thanks.