Playback on Samsung JS7200

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: Playback on Samsung JS7200

Post by squadjot »

Sami32 wrote:@squadjot I'm not surprise, as i get the infos from a log on Emby Web site i think, and i just checked the Serviio database and they look like your, so i think these protocolInfo was wrong.

Sorry, i'm not dure to understand you.
Which AVI MIME types did work with your original ums.jar ?
They all worked with video/avi
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@squadjot Did you mean that AVI files worked with all of the video/avi, video/x-avi, video/x-divx and video/x-msvideo MIME types ?

I believe that it's now only a renderer configuration issue, i''ll find useful if you can post :
- one log while playing an MKV file with your own renderer and the original UMS.jar.
- And one other log while transcoding the same MKV file with the first ums.jar i sended you (i guess you renamed it for running it as normally you do) and that renderer:
Samsung-J5510.conf
(3.49 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
I'll check more tomorrow.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Sami32 wrote:@squadjot Did you mean that AVI files worked with all of the video/avi, video/x-avi, video/x-divx and video/x-msvideo MIME types ?
No, i meant that AVI files containing various codecs all worked if i used video/avi mime type. (also ms-mpeg4 and divx)
Tbh i didnt try video/x-msvideo and video/x-divx since they worked with video/avi
Sami32 wrote: I believe that it's now only a renderer configuration issue, i''ll find useful if you can post :
- one log while playing an MKV file with your own renderer and the original UMS.jar.
- And one other log while transcoding the same MKV file with the first ums.jar i sended you (i guess you renamed it for running it as normally you do) and that renderer:
Samsung-J5510.conf
I'll have tog gt back to you on that, i have a busy day tomorrow, but i'll get to it when i get the time.

Thanks for helping out Sami, we're getting somewhere here i'm sure!
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@squadjot

Sorry, could you answer these question, using the last renderer i sended you if you want.
Playing AVI files normally supported by your renderer, do play with this MIME types ? (Using the original UMS) Do FF/RW work flawlessly with each of them ?
1) video/avi ==> YES ==> FF/RW ==> YES
2) video/x-avi ==> ?
3) video/x-divx ==> ?
4) video/x-msvideo ==> ?

Take your time, don't worry, it's not as it was a new issue ;)
BTW, did you tried transcoding with success with any other media servers ? (Serviio, Plex, Emby, Twonky, JRiver...)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@squadjot Before post any logs, i would like that you test these 2 other different ums.jar build and tell me how/if it transcode (with your own renderer config and all the others i sended you) :
https://we.tl/Hdzlk9AhCS
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Sami32 wrote: I don't really understand what you mean, as my english is weak.
The 2 files that was giving you error, are playing fine or not ? (Dr Stange & Central Intelligence)
Using your new conf file no issues playing the files, but issue now is that not all files are being listed.
Sami32 wrote: If you've issue with other files, please name them if you can, while posting your log.
Did you mean that these other files are giving you the same error message display on your TV ?
Please see https://we.tl/If3ygpTBXu
All Files.jpg - This is with the "old" conf file
Not All Files.jpg - This is with your new conf file

As you can see there is a difference in the files which are listed between the two screenshots.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@busyguy I think you are referring to the fact that all the files that you seen before in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder are not there anymore, right ?

If it's that, that's fine, not an issue, it's just mean that they don't need to be transcoded anymore and you can just play them normally, without using the #--TRANSCODE--# folder anymore.

If i understood you incorrectly, please, feel free to correct me and i will check at your log.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Sami32 wrote:@squadjot

Sorry, could you answer these question, using the last renderer i sended you if you want.
Playing AVI files normally supported by your renderer, do play with this MIME types ? (Using the original UMS) Do FF/RW work flawlessly with each of them ?
Ok to start of; I can play + ff/rw avi files using following mime types: avi, x-divx and x-msvideo. (all sorts of codecs, formats and sizes)
With x-avi i dont see any files at all.

Is there anything you derive from this, that i should know about, before i continue testing?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@squadjot No. Perfect, now we know that video/x-avi MIME type is to avoid into Samsung TVs renderers configuration files, but advertised as supported by your protocolInfo. That why testing is somewhat better.

Thank you. Enjoy testing :)
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Hi Sami,
Sami32 wrote:@busyguy I think you are referring to the fact that all the files that you seen before in the #--TRANSCODE--# folder are not there anymore, right ?

If it's that, that's fine, not an issue, it's just mean that they don't need to be transcoded anymore and you can just play them normally, without using the #--TRANSCODE--# folder anymore.

If i understood you incorrectly, please, feel free to correct me and i will check at your log.
That is not correct. The folder is NOT the transcode folder. In the images you can see the transcode folder is visible.