Playback on Samsung JS7200

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
busyguy

Re: Playback on Samsung JS7200

Post by busyguy »

squadjot wrote:
busyguy wrote:
squadjot wrote:Afaik transcoding never worked on the j model
Hi,

I've not had an issue with other older files. I seem to have issues with the newer files (circa past 3 months or so), and especially with 4K files.
Yea fortunately the TV can play a lot of formats directly (no encoding). It basically supports all common file types/codecs so it's very likely that you have never needed transcoding until now.

If you have #--transcode--# folders enabled, can you play the file called [No encoding]?
Hi,

When I use No encoding, the video plays.
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Sami32 wrote:Create the video manually with this command, and play it from a USB/HDD plugged in your TV.

Code: Select all

/home/ums-user/ums-6.6.0/linux/ffmpeg64 -i "/data/ums-user/Media/English/Doctor Strange (2016).mkv" -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -bufsize 1000000k -maxrate 999000k -crf 19 -ac 6 -ab 640k -ar 48000 -c:a ac3 -c:v libx264 -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -level 31 -pix_fmt yuv420p -f mpegts DrStrange_1.ts
Is that work ?
If it doesn't, try that:

ffmpeg64 -i "/data/ums-user/Media/English/Doctor Strange (2016).mkv" -map 0:v -map 0:a:0 -bufsize 31000k -maxrate 30000k -crf 19 -ac 2 -ab 448k -ar 48000 -c:a ac3 -c:v libx264 -tune zerolatency -preset ultrafast -level 41 -pix_fmt yuv420p -f mpegts DrStrange_2.ts
After having tested that these videos work, or not, from your USB's TV, try to play the working one with UMS, and report your results here.
Hi,

I have converted the files and tested from the USB and also playing from UMS.
Both files play from USB and from UMS.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Just curious.. does it work if you put the following: first line after "Supported Formats" in the conf file.

Supported = f:avi|mkv             m:video/x-matroska
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Hi,
Sami32 wrote:Actually, you are using an inappropriate renderer configuration file.

Did you already tried forcing the Samsung J6200 renderer from UMS ?
Can you please explain how to force the renderer so I can test?
Sami32 wrote: If you feel happy with your, just use this slighty modified one:(that's said all your videos bitrate are wrong and all the images size specifications are unecessary as the next UMS version will automatically take care of that, because they outpass the DLNA specifications)

1)
Samsung-JS7200.conf
2)
Samsung-JS7200.conf.txt
3)
Samsung-JS7200.conf.2.txt
4)

And take time to report back 8-)
After that we should know better what work best for your renderer.
I've tested the various configs you sent. Here's what I found:
Samsung-JS7200.conf WORKS but high CPU usage (>80%) regular video pauses
Samsung-JS7200.conf.txt WORKS but high CPU usage (>80%) regular video pauses
Samsung-JS7200.conf.2.txt WORKS but high CPU usage (>80%) regular video pauses
Samsung-JS7200.conf.3.txt WORKS but high CPU usage (>80%) regular video pauses
Samsung-JS7200.conf.4.txt NOT WORKING

No Transcoding WORKS: low CPU (< 1%) usage no video pauses for all the configs you sent:
Samsung-JS7200.conf
Samsung-JS7200.conf.txt
Samsung-JS7200.conf.2.txt
Samsung-JS7200.conf.3.txt
Samsung-JS7200.conf.4.txt
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Hi,
squadjot wrote:Just curious.. does it work if you put the following: first line after "Supported Formats" in the conf file.

Yes, it works by having the above as the 1st line. So it seems it's the configuration file that is wrong?
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

busyguy wrote:Hi,
squadjot wrote:Just curious.. does it work if you put the following: first line after "Supported Formats" in the conf file.

Yes, it works by having the above as the 1st line. So it seems it's the configuration file that is wrong?
Thanks for testing. I have a J5515 which is a low price model, but as i expected the software interface is the same in all models.
The thing is, i dont know WHY it works :D it was a tip i got from a old user (ExSport)

This line could go in all J series profiles (unless it's just a hack, and can be defined better)
Infact, i believe the whole J series could be covered by one or two config files (one for HD and one for UHD), they are all using the same software/player, but i could be wrong ofc.

Here's my thread on what i've tried:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=4075
Here's the tip i got from ExSport
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3874

@Sami32, can you use this information for something?
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@Squadjot Thank you for your input 8-)

I didn't know that Samsung J users have transcoding issues.
That's said, now that he did some tests, it give me a much more precise idea of the issue.

I suspect an DLNA flags issue, as we are doing this roughtly, not standard, and that come from long ago.
So as i'll need more informations, i'll check the link you posted and read the log to confirm that.

As a side note, i don't know if your Samsung J model have the same ability as its, but if you haven't tried yet you should try to play a video with DTS Master without transcoding and see if your TV have a DTS core fallback as well.
Last edited by Sami32 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Sami32 wrote:if you haven't tried yet you should try to play a video with DTS Master without transcoding and see if your TV have a DTS core fallback as well.
Sure do you have a test file? =)

Edit: Found these : https://thedigitaltheater.com/index.php/dts-trailers/ , they will do?