Playback on Samsung JS7200

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
squadjot

Re: Playback on Samsung JS7200

Post by squadjot »

And by the way, the closest thing i've come to transoding, is; the file actually starts to play, but after a few seconds i "hick-up" occurs, and from that point on, the A/V is out of sync. Also it's not possible to timeseek the stream.(ff/rw)

Edit: This is not just one specific file.. thit happens with all files i try to transcode.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

As a matter of fact, when transcoding occur, forget about FF/RW.

Yes, perfect; just choose the trailer with DTS MA you like more ;)
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ok, if i chose [no transcoding] , it could play all the files from that page, including the 60fps
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Sami32 wrote:As a matter of fact, when transcoding occur, forget about FF/RW.
Why =) ? , i use transcoding all time when using my SonyW5500? FF/RW works flawlessly

Edit: I mean, there's a few files that this TV does not play, and it would be nice if transcoding could eventually work. :)
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

We dont use the DLNA flags correctly, at the origin it has be based on Sony renderers and hardcoded, but has never been changed since then...

Code: Select all

DLNA.ORG_CI=0;DLNA.ORG_FLAGS=01700000000000000000000000000000
These 2 flags are used incorrectly and harcoded, that's a bad idea but i guess that at the beginning Sony renderers was their only purpose, and the DLNA knowledge was low, as it was new and not yet well documented.
And since they decide about some characterics as forwarding/rewarding, it's just "flawed" with our implementation.

So, happily, that mean that you can add to DTS HD support into your renderer, in your MKV line at least, saving you CPU use and frustration :)
It's a workaround using your renderer fallback possibilities, but that's anyway good to use.
Last edited by Sami32 on Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
squadjot

Post by squadjot »

Ok, well great :)

As mentioned i would expect this to work for all J models
busyguy

Post by busyguy »

Hi,
Sami32 wrote:Cool ;)

So this renderer should do the trick:
Samsung-JS7200.conf
Thanks, I've tried the above configuration file. Unfortunately it seems that some of the files are not displaying using this conf file. They are visible in the Transcode folder, however all the transcode options are not visible in the transcode folder. I have a debug trace file but I'm unable to attach it as I'm getting an error the board attachment quota has been reached and the file is too big > 60k to include in this message.
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Hi busyguy,

I don't really understand what you mean, as my english is weak.
The 2 files that was giving you error, are playing fine or not ? (Dr Stange & Central Intelligence)

If you've issue with other files, please name them if you can, while posting your log.
Did you mean that these other files are giving you the same error message display on your TV ?

You can upload your full trace log file to website without publicity or code access, like WeTransfer or any other of your convenience, or Google Drive as @squadjot said.

EDIT: Sorry, i did a mistake in the renderer. Try that one instead:
Samsung-JS7200.conf
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

@squadjot If you don't mind, we could try to test some others configurations concerning the J transcoding issue, though it will more you than me ;)

Only for transcoding testing purpose: (any MKVs should be transcoded)
Samsung-J5510_squadjot.conf
(3.46 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
And if you see no difference in transcoding, try to changes these values to "false" and test again :

Code: Select all

DLNALocalizationRequired =
DLNAOrgPN =
I guess that you already tested all of them, but before modifying the code, i would like have feed back first. Thanks.

EDIT: Try and do the same changes as above with this one:
Samsung-J5510_squadjot2.conf
(3.58 KiB) Downloaded 399 times
BTW, looking at your protocolInfo capture, i see that it have non standard profiles, and that all the J serie doesn't have the same.
If you get time you could try to play AVI as well. If it doesn't play, change the MIME type in the renderer file to video/x-msvideo.