Audio is lagging when streaming to PS3

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
leatherlunch

Audio is lagging when streaming to PS3

Post by leatherlunch »

So, as the title suggests, when I stream some files to the PS3, the audio lags at differing rates. I haven't been able to determine if any types of files are worse than others, but the debug file attached is for a video where the audio was the worst it's been, almost a full second out of sync with the video. It's always behind though.

Thanks in advance for your help. :mrgreen:
leatherlunch

Re: Audio is lagging when streaming to PS3

Post by leatherlunch »

Sami32 wrote:I guess that you have forgotten to join your log...
I don't know how I forgot to do that. I put it as an attachment but it didn't stick. Here it is (again). Thanks.
my debug file.zip
(115.32 KiB) Downloaded 573 times
Sami32

Post by Sami32 »

Changing your name on the forum or not saying hello will not make your request be considered faster or better, if not at all...

You didn't named the video file that you tested. That should help pointing at your issue faster without going to search through all the full log.
Last edited by Sami32 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
leatherlunch

Post by leatherlunch »

I didn't change my name in the forum. I don't know why you'd think this. And I'm sorry for not saying "hello" but I did try to be polite with my request, did I not?

I didn't realize I needed to name the video file as well. My apologies for that mistake. It was the "Gennady Golovkin vs. Daniel Jacobs" file. I believe it's the only file I would have in the log since I restarted UMS before making the debug file. In any case, that's its name.
leatherlunch

Post by leatherlunch »

UPDATE: I played another file last night that was particularly bad and noticed that both it and the other one I mentioned above were both MP4 format. So, MKV files have a slight lag but MP4s are much worse, it would seem.

I saw in another thread that it might have something to do with codecs? I installed my OS recently and used the CCCP codec bundle.
leatherlunch

Post by leatherlunch »

Any help would be very much appreciated.