[Solved] Play RTMP video stream

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Tsubasa

[Solved] Play RTMP video stream

Post by Tsubasa »

Is there any way to play a RTMP video stream, e.g. rtmp://192.168.1.100/live/live ?
Last edited by Tsubasa on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
gabluz

Re: Play RTMP video stream

Post by gabluz »

Trying putting it into your WEB.CONF

Do it like this:

Code: Select all

videostream.Web,TSUBASA=TSUBASA,rtmp://192.168.1.100/live/live
Replace the word "TSUBASA" with something you like. Also, if you want to create a folder like this:

Tsubasa Videos
- Video 1

Then do it like this:

videostream.Web,Tsubasa Videos=Video 1,rtmp://192.168.1.100/live/live
gabluz

Post by gabluz »

Don't forget:

Your WEB.CONF is not inside Program Files. That one doesn't work. You have to use this path:

C:\ProgramData\UMS
Tsubasa

Post by Tsubasa »

I have added

videostream.Web,Test Videos=Video 1,rtmp://192.168.1.100/live/live
at the end of C:\ProgramData\UMS\WEB.CONF, but when I connect to the UMS with my TV, all I see are the folders I have shared from the GUI, I don't see anything from WEB.CONF.

Here are logs, if they are of any help.
Tsubasa

Post by Tsubasa »

Oh, I had "Enable external network" disabled. Enabling it makes the Web folder appear.
Tsubasa

Post by Tsubasa »

Got it to work, kind of. It's very unreliable. I can't open the rtmp stream the second time without some combination of restarting UMS and restarting TV.

What I was trying to do is to wirelessly, without using hdmi cable, stream my PC screen to the TV in real time using OBS, so that I could use the TV as a PC monitor and play video games on it.
What I have discovered is that while the rtmp steam is of high quality, UMS runs ffmpeg to transcode it to a format TV can play, resulting in the image displayed on the TV having lots of artifacts, not to mention that there is a lag between the desktop screen and TV image anywhere between 3 to 20 seconds. I never got to reproduce 3 second lag again. While the quality aspect can be dealt with, the >3 second delay, what is essentially a delay between controller inputs and the feedback on the screen, makes this whole idea of using this for playing video games unfeasible. Time to accept the defeat and get some hdmi cables.