UMS won't start

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
MrH

UMS won't start

Post by MrH »

I reinstalled Windows 10 and now UMS won't start at all, everything is a clean install and I have java but when I click the icon nothing happens. I've checked and there's no debug file created. I have tried the latest and beta versions with no luck.
campeador

Re: UMS won't start

Post by campeador »

You have installed Java 8 update 29 or 31? (latest)
MrH

Post by MrH »

I installed 31. I'm also having the same problem with HandBreak which is a free video editing software which I've used for ages without issue until after the format, I must be missing something run both UMS and HB but I don't know what.

EDIT: I fixed HB by disabling MSI Afterburner which will most likely fix UMS too but I can't check right now.
Greymatter

Post by Greymatter »

I already made a thread on this. Glad I'm not the only one experiencing the issue.

Perhaps the devs need to look into this. It seems UMS isn't compatible with Win 10 Creators Update?

Edit: Oh MSI afterburner - I also have this, will try disabling it tonight. Why on earth would they be conflicting though?
Greymatter

Post by Greymatter »

So I closed MSI Afterburner and UMS still didn't work. I then closed RivaTuner as well and it does. I haven't tested it with RT off and MSI still on yet but at least this is a work-around.