Win 10 Creator (1703)

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
DJWolverine

Win 10 Creator (1703)

Post by DJWolverine »

installed this update last night for my win 10 Enterprise and I thought everything was fine. UMS sees my WDTVLive as it always has
but when I try to connect to my pc from WDTVLive now it says,when I click on Media Server it says 'No Content Source Available'
I've tried things like adding the program to the firewall etc but nothing I've tried has worked. I can't think of what an update of
windows might have changed to make this happen? Any ideas or things to try would be most welcome. Thank You.

PS: just discovered if I turn the Firewall completely off the connection works perfect and even though UMS is already in the
Inbound & Outbound Rules as soon as I turn the Firewall back on the connection no longer works....I'm so very confused!!!
Dypsis

Re: Win 10 Creator (1703)

Post by Dypsis »

Yes, I have the same problem since the Windows 10 Creators Update.
Even though I have added Universal Media Server to Windows Firewall (Private & Public), Universal Media Server isn't seen unless I disable Windows Firewall.

I have even tried doing a clean install of Universal Media Server.
Serviio is still working for me.

Do I need to add more than just UMS.exe to the firewall?

By the way. This thread would have been better if it had a more descriptive title.
It is difficult for people to find with that title.
Greymatter

Post by Greymatter »

Try troubleshooting Java, unfortunately I can't remember where I found the setting but it was Java not being configured properly in Windows Firewall that fixed what I think is a similar problem to what you are having. Windows 10 did a really good job of automatically troubleshooting it when I found the option.
Dypsis

Post by Dypsis »

I think you are on the right track there, Greymatter.
tub0crisco

Post by tub0crisco »

My UMS quit working too. When I read Greymatter's post here is what I did and it worked.

On windows 10 search for windows firewall and click "Windows Firewall Control Panel". Then on the left of the window that opens click "Advanced Settings". Then on the left of the window that opens click "Inbound Rules". Scroll down through the Inbound Rules until you get to the Java stuff. Double click any that have a red icon and on the window that opens make sure "Allow the connection" is selected under "Action" and press the OK button. This should turn the icon green like below. Do this for all the Java rules.

free ssl image hosting
Dypsis

Post by Dypsis »

I completely uninstalled Java using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled.
It works now.

@tub0crisco
Your method would most likely have worked for me also. ;)
Overcast451

Post by Overcast451 »

Dypsis wrote:I completely uninstalled Java using Revo Uninstaller, then reinstalled.
It works now.

@tub0crisco
Your method would most likely have worked for me also. ;)
Thanks for the info - same issue here. I tried just re-installing UMS, but that didn't work. Removed both UMS and Java8, rebooted and re-installed - fixed.