[Solved] Profile, preset and tune encoding parameters

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
David75

[Solved] Profile, preset and tune encoding parameters

Post by David75 »

As a first: thanks for UMS.
I was able to convert and stream 720p Hi10p anime in real time with styled subtitles to my raspberryPi ( geexbox ). thanks for the TranscodeVideo=H264TSAC3 parameter ;)

Now I need some image quality... because the compression is a little too strong.
The image info from geexbox tells me the profile used is simple.

I'd like to be able to use High instead.

In fact, I tested the encoding comp, and it can output a 720p anime at 2x realtime with -preset veryfast -profile high -tune animation.
And the image quality is ok to the eye.

Now I'd like to be able to pass the same options, but do not know where to do so.

Any help apreciated.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: Profile, preset and tune encoding parameters

Post by SubJunk »

Hi David75. The profile has no effect on quality, only on filesize and compatibility. The only thing that affects quality is CRF value (Constant Rate Factor). In the next release we will have better support for tweaking x264 quality.
clarencefelts

3d animation

Post by clarencefelts »

I think you should go with the 3d animation in this you will not get any of the problem. Because it is advance technology and lots of information is given for this on websites about 3D animation. Now a days, 3d animation in New York is famous for this animation and graphics. I think you should go with this.