Chromecast problem

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
albyzor

Chromecast problem

Post by albyzor »

Hello, i'm using chromecast 2 with UMS 6.6.0 and BubbleUPnP 2.8.8 on Android for playing the files from the server on my chromecast renderer. The problem is that when i play files and try to time seek (jump to certain position in the movie) the movie freeze and nothing happens and i have to exit the bubble app and launch it again. Thank you for your time and keep up the good work.
albyzor

Re: Chromecast problem

Post by albyzor »

This wasnt reffered to a bug that's why i didnt made a report using the trace thingy. I just wanted to know if there is a known incompatibility between UMS and Chromecast 2 and maybe BubbleUPnP. Maybe it was a setting that u had to make it work. I will make a report with trace when i will have time.
Sami32

Re: Chromecast problem

Post by Sami32 »

We should have disabled Chromacast by default, imho. We use an external library that should work fine, but our implementation is flawed and freeze until the end of the playing. The developper that made it is not active anymore and we don't own a Chromecast, so that doesn't really help...

So, yes, we need log for everything we don't own, and as a general rules for every report, as every case is different and rarely obvious as some users think.

No worry, feel free to report anytime.