Old version has syncing issue with one file, but new version is slow with everything

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Zogundar

Old version has syncing issue with one file, but new version is slow with everything

Post by Zogundar »

"Old version" is 5.5, "New version" is 6.6 (Though I've also tried 6.5 and 6.5.3.)

I figure it would be easier to ask about the latter, as I doubt the old version has any kind of official support. But if anyone has any tricks for that that would fix subtitle/audio/video desync.. (I've already tried fiddling with the Alternate Sync button and different transcoders, I get either the same effect or "File Could Not Be Played.")

Before I get into any logs and such I'd like to just ask if there is any common sense or other known quantity that would account for a 100% increase in the transcoding time in the newer versions. No need to debug the program if it's a quick options toggle somewhere. I'm hoping it's a quick fix as I can't imagine everyone having the same problem and deciding to just live with it taking longer (My temporary solution is to use the newer version only for this one thing and then go back to the old one for everything else since it all worked fine before now.)
Sami32

Re: Old version has syncing issue with one file, but new version is slow with everything

Post by Sami32 »

As a general rule, posting your log is the thing to do if you want receive some help, or no developper will bother go further without it. It's why it's write in red above your post ;)