UMS 1.2.0 and AviSynth/FFmpeg

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Triplefun

UMS 1.2.0 and AviSynth/FFmpeg

Post by Triplefun »

I have started getting PS3 error "this data type is not supported (800266BD)" for all files transcoded using AviSynth/FFMpeg. They were working fine yesterday. I'm using LAV codecs (Shark007 Vista 6.3.0)

MEncoder works fine. AviSynth/MEncoder is OK. TSMuxer gives error 800288E1.

I reintsalled UMS 1.1.1 and all is back to normal !!!

Well almost, I have also updated to PS3 release 4.20 and now the files skip (jump a few frames) and then stop after 1.5 to 2 minutes !!

And your bit rate on the status is double that displayed on the PS3 ??
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Re: UMS 1.2.0 and AviSynth/FFmpeg

Post by SubJunk »

Confirmed the FFmpeg bug, will release 1.2.1 soon with a fix.
The bandwidth that UMS uses isn't the same as what the PS3 displays, they just have 2 different meanings.
demetrish3

Re: UMS 1.2.0 and AviSynth/FFmpeg

Post by demetrish3 »

Triplefun wrote:I have started getting PS3 error "this data type is not supported (800266BD)" for all files transcoded using AviSynth/FFMpeg. They were working fine yesterday. I'm using LAV codecs (Shark007 Vista 6.3.0)

MEncoder works fine. AviSynth/MEncoder is OK. TSMuxer gives error 800288E1.

I reintsalled UMS 1.1.1 and all is back to normal !!!

Well almost, I have also updated to PS3 release 4.20 and now the files skip (jump a few frames) and then stop after 1.5 to 2 minutes !!

And your bit rate on the status is double that displayed on the PS3 ??

hi,
did you fix the problem?
because i have a similar issue here!
ok this is too complicated.
since yestrday everything was working fine on the PS3media server, since i tried to fix the subtitles for a 3D movie with the "3D Subtitler" which changes the .srt to .sub and .idx
it never worked anyway, as i figured out that the VOBSUB or the .sub subtitles is not supprorted on PMS. . (in the transcodes there are many options to select the movie and when i select anything which says VOBSUB it doesn't even start),
and since i tried all this i ended with a permament problem which i never had.
till yesterday i could play any file in the transcoded Movie.
Now i cant !
when i select the very first which is (Avisynth/Enconder) it always appears the message "this data type is not supported (800288E1).
and then a pop-up window appears in my pc which says "Mencoder stopped working",
then i try to play the movie with the other transcoder (Mencoder) and it works fine.

so what is the problem?
Mencoder? Avisynth? Ffmpeg? Vobsub?
what does 800288E1 mean?
i've unistalled and then installed everything but the problem remains. also i did a system restore, again the problem remains.
and this started since i tried to play 3D movie with the converted subtitles
is it something on the settings? on the ps3 settings or on the pc-ps3 media server settings?