Problem with ums-6.7.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Nadahar

Re: Problem with ums-6.7.0

Post by Nadahar »

I've uploaded a new "update.jar" to the same location. Please generate a new log with the updated version. It would also be nice if you could add in a couple of PNG's in the "test folder" even though they work.
boss

Post by boss »

Success.
Using the new update.jar file I was able to see and view the 6 image files in the "Test" folder. (2 x gif, 2 x jpg, 2 x png)

The zipped log file is attached.

Thanks
Attachments
debug Log.zip
(20.33 KiB) Downloaded 384 times
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Good, that's a start.

I haven't "fixed" it as such, I've only disabled a part to compensate for "shortcomings" in the LG. Making this change permanent would break other renderers. In short, your renderer claims that it supports:

Code: Select all

http-get:*:image/jpeg:*
  http-get:*:image/gif:*
  http-get:*:image/png:*
..among many other mime-types. But, this obviously isn't true as it hides images if they are of some jpeg "types" or gif. This is a "problem"/bug with the LG as far as I can see, and I'll have to figure out how to handle it without breaking other renderers.

It might take some time for me to do this, but I hope you'll be available to test again when I've implemented a more "elaborate" solution.
boss

Post by boss »

I will definitely be available for any further testing,

Thanks for your support.
boss

Post by boss »

I have just installed 6.7.2
I can report that the problem with my image files is still the same.
They do work though if I have the update.jar file in the UMS directory as in 6.7.1
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

No. I'm sorry about this, I specificly asked if the release could wait for me to finish this fix, but I was ignored. The update.jar will only work with 6.7.1.
boss

Post by boss »

No problem.
But.... update.jar works with 6.7.2 also.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

It might "work", but there could potentially be problems. But, the "update.jar" will actually override the version so you will be running the exact same version that you were - the only difference is that the dependencies that's packed in "ums.jar" will be newer (and potentially conflict with the "update.jar" made for 6.7.1) ;)
boss

Post by boss »

Ok. Thanks. Best I revert to 6.7.1 with update.jar then.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I've abandoned my "proper fix" and made a "quick fix" which can be found here. I'd appreciate if you could test it and report back.