Problem with ums-6.7.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

Re: Problem with ums-6.7.0

Post by boss »

Thanks for the quick fix which I will be happy to test.
But... I have UMS on a Linux server and the file linked is for windows.
Or maybe that fix was for the 360 and not meant for me.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Hehe, sorry. I forget who is using what platform. I made it with both you and the 360 in mind, I'll build a Linux file and upload it too.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm uploading a Linux build now, give it 10-15 minutes to complete the upload and download it from here.
boss

Post by boss »

I tested the new build and the image files are working.
Not sure if there would be any effect on video files with this build but I tested about 10 and all worked fine.
Thanks
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Images and thumbnails are what could be affected - and since thumbnails apply to audio and video as well, it could potentially affect everything. If I understand you correctly, it all works fine now?
boss

Post by boss »

The good news is that ums-6.7.3-SNAPSHOT is showing all the image files with thumbnails and videos are working.
I have come across another issue though. But this issue happens in every version I have going back to 6.4.1.

I'm not sure if it is a UMS issue or a player (LG BP550) issue. I never noticed it before but that is probably because I haven't gone into the particular folders.
The issue is:
When I access 2 of my Image folders, I get a network error and can't access the folders.
In one folder, if I remove 1 image (can be any image), it works OK.
In the other folder, if I remover 11 images (can be an 11 images), that folder works OK.
When it does work, the first folder is left with 134 images and the second folder is left with 291 images.
So the problem does not happen at a certain number of images in the folder and also the total sizes of the images in the folder has no bearing on the issue either.

I'm tending to think it is a player issue. Tomorrow I will do some more testing.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I trace log when you're browsing those folders would be useful.
boss

Post by boss »

I have attached the log file whilst browsing one of the problem folders in trace mode.
In the meanwhile I might install a couple of other DLNA programs just to see if it is a problem with the LG BP-550 player.
Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
(57.13 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
boss

Post by boss »

I installed both MiniDLNA and Serviio on my Linux server. Both the programs were able to enter the 2 folders with the Image files that I couldn't with UMS.
I also tested all the other Image folders as well which worked fine.
Serviio has a really nice web interface.

Initially I was getting the "Network Error" (not specifically when accessing the 2 problem Image folders) but this was due to updating the Serviio cache.
Once that had completed, it behaved itself with no "Network Error".

So it sounds like it might not be a player issue (on its own) but something going on between the player and UMS.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I sounds like an UMS issue yes, possibly in combination with your renderer. What I'd like to know is the names of some of the images that didn't display in the log you posted - as I need to know what to focus on. It's not obvious for me in the log which images creates trouble, so picking one and following everything that happens with it could be useful.