Problem with ums-6.7.0

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
boss

Re: Problem with ums-6.7.0

Post by boss »

I have since found out that png files show up but no other types (jpg gif) show up. I didn't notice before as I only have a couple of png files in one folder.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Yes, if you install BubbleUPnP (free app) on your phone, it becomes a DLNA renderer. Try browsing the same images that way and see if it works then.
boss

Post by boss »

I installed BubbleUPnP on my android phone.
Using DLNA I connected to UMS on my server and all my images were showing and were able to be viewed.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

Ok great, now I have to try to figure out why your LG won't accept the same content.
boss

Post by boss »

It's doubtful it is the UMS.conf file because that is the same for ums-6.6.0 where the image files were working fine.

Thanks for you support with this matter.
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

This isn't because of configuration. In 6.7.0 the image/thumbnail implementation follows the DLNA spesification much more closely than previously, and from what I can see in your log that works like it should. That's why I wanted a "second opinion" from another renderer. The task at hand here is to try to figure out why your LG won't read the content when it adheres to DLNA - and how to handle it. I doubt your renderer is the only renderer with this limitation.

This will take a bit of time, so please bear with me.
boss

Post by boss »

No problems.
Appreciated
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

I'm having some trouble understanding what could be the problem, but via some gooling I can see that there are others having problems with "no content" on the LG-BP550 too. Just to be sure it's not due to a bug that's already fixed by LG, are you running the latest firmware?
Nadahar

Post by Nadahar »

In case your LG is already updated, I must just start testing "blind" to see what triggers the problem. I've made a change that will break DLNA just to see if it makes a difference: http://superbum.org/downloads/update.jar

Please download "update.jar" and place it in the same folder as ums.jar and start UMS with "./UMS.sh trace"

It would be nice if you could copy just a few images (a few different formats/sizes would be nice) into a folder of its own and just browse that folder when generating the trace log. That way it's easier for me to find what I'm after in the log. When that's done, attach new debug files. When starting UMS with the "trace" argument, you won't have to do the "restart in trace mode" step and can pack the debug files directly after doing the browsing.
boss

Post by boss »

I had already checked the firmware in my BP-550's and they were running the latest.

I placed 2 x jpg and 2 x gif files into a folder named "Test" and just browsed that folder. (images still not showing)

The trace log is attached.

Thanks
Attachments
debug.zip
(15.27 KiB) Downloaded 367 times