Audio Language Priority

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
samurai

Audio Language Priority

Post by samurai »

Hello

use UMS to watch movies in a LG SMartTV 42LA620S.
I have a dual audio movie and if I inspect the file, there are 2 audio tracks but with no flags, I mean it has "und" in Language (see attachment pls)

Is it possible to set Track id# instead of 3 letter language code, in Audio Language Priority?
Or something like und1, und2 ...

How to do in this situation?

Or do I have to set flags in mp3 part of the file ?

Thanks.
Attachments
a1_a2.jpg
a1_a2.jpg (134 KiB) Viewed 12480 times
valib
Developer

Re: Audio Language Priority

Post by valib »

In that case the only way is to go to the TRANSCODE folder and choose the audio you want to play. Is impossible to distinguish between two undefined languages. This is a problem of people who code the video to set everything properly.
samurai

Post by samurai »

I tried this:
chose audio in TRANSCODE folder but only plays mp3 file.

Can you explain me better?

While watching movie, "Playing Video" Options are disabled ...

Thanks
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Whe you are browsing UMS on your TV except of the media files you should see the TRANSCODE folder. If it is not present you have to enable it on the Navigation/Share Settings tab. In the TRANSCODE folder there are subfolders named as your videos in folder you are actually browsing. In the subfolder of the video you want to play there are several files with all combination of suitable transcoding engines (FFmpeg, Mencoder etc.), available audios and available subtitles. So you can choose the combination you want.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

I believe there may be a slight bug. I have discovered a very similar issue as i mentioned here.... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1965#p11065 a few days ago.

Even with language set correctly in my transcode folder in earlier versions i would see the relevant country flag for various sub and audio track options i for some reason have not had that in versions 3.61 and newer though.

Certain TV web streams with more than one audio language also do not seem to work unless i use VLC and manually in VLC set that to use the "English" audio track. Going to the transcode folder for SOME of them has no effect and it will just play the same track using FFmpeg.

Its hard to narrow down what is happening i was messing around with a small test file on a friends machine (ill have to try and get a copy of what i was using on his machine) which i encoded to various formats but keeping the audio untouched (IE just muxing it back to the avi, mp4, mkv etc file i created) for some it would realise there were different audio tracks for others it would not and just play the FIRST track regardless even if i then went back and manually set the audio language before remuxing. It only seems to affect some files. MP4 for the most part will work but avi, mpeg1/2 seem to have a random issue.

Some MP4 files will even play the PRIMARY track you have selected in UMS options (IE say you had track 2 set to english in your video file) EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD.... HOWEVER going to the transcode folder it will not let you play or even display others tracks, even though the file has them.
samurai

Post by samurai »

valib wrote:Whe you are browsing UMS on your TV except of the media files you should see the TRANSCODE folder. If it is not present you have to enable it on the Navigation/Share Settings tab. In the TRANSCODE folder there are subfolders named as your videos in folder you are actually browsing. In the subfolder of the video you want to play there are several files with all combination of suitable transcoding engines (FFmpeg, Mencoder etc.), available audios and available subtitles. So you can choose the combination you want.
Thanks for your reply valib.
You're the man,worked like a charm ;)

What about if I want both audio and subtitles?
How to do that if there are 2 folders: #--TRANSCODE--# and #--LIVE SUBTITLES--#
Is it possible?

Thanks