[Solved] Stuttering video and audio

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
Katherine1

[Solved] Stuttering video and audio

Post by Katherine1 »

I'm trying to get Universal Media Server set up to run correctly on my laptop. It's a powerful system, Intel i7 processor, Geforce 80m graphics card. I've even switched everything over the 880m globally because I knew Optimus would likely get in the way. Unfortunately, no matter what settings I use, UMS doesn't seen to want to use more than a tiny amount of system resources. The result is that within the first few seconds of video the buffer empties out and is unable to keep up. I'm using a wired 100Mbit connection. I am stumped, and UMS just won't stream video smoothly. There is no reason a system with the specs of my laptop shouldn't be able to keep up transcoding a video. I can set some absurdly high quality settings in Handbrake and have that reencode video at a playable rate. If handbrake can handle working at a decent speed, why not UMS?

EDIT: Debug is attached.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(73.32 KiB) Downloaded 461 times
Last edited by Katherine1 on Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SpeedyQ

Re: Stuttering video and audio

Post by SpeedyQ »

Hi, It looks like your laptop is more than capable of running UMS on it. But if you want to get the problem resolved, please follow the rules of the forum.
See the top topic: How to ask for support.
I'm sure the experts will help you if you can provide more information. We can't hear or see what you can...
Katherine1

Post by Katherine1 »

Right, debug information is attached to the original post.
valib
Developer

Post by valib »

Please try to set as primary encoder FFmpeg and secondary MEncoder and test again.
Katherine1

Post by Katherine1 »

Well, that worked. Is there an issue with the Avisynth encoders?