English Audio Track Not Playing

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
rootsnharmony

English Audio Track Not Playing

Post by rootsnharmony »

I am using a Samsung TV with a movie.mkv file and cannot get the second language file, which is english, to play.
The second audio file will play on my PC when I select it from the LAV Splitter.
This has been an issue in the past for all multiple audio track files, despite having 'eng' as the default language.
Could not find any solutions to this issue - any suggestions?
rootsnharmony

Re: English Audio Track Not Playing

Post by rootsnharmony »

No replies... is there something wrong with my post?
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

rootsnharmony wrote:No replies... is there something wrong with my post?
Yeah you didnt follow this
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=556
rootsnharmony

Post by rootsnharmony »

I now realize that you didn't need that info to advise me that the file is streamed by default, that streamed files rely on the renderer to do all audio/subtitle selections, and the default audio is wrong (you can't change audio tracks directly on the TV).
If I want different audio, I either need to:
a) transcode through UMS, either through the #Transcode# folder or by forcing a transcode (eg file extension), or
b) modify the source file (outside of PMS) to set your desired default audio track
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

Nope you do not need to transcode anything
rootsnharmony

Post by rootsnharmony »

Do tell?
Why are you on here if you have the knowledge is power attitude, rather than the knowledge is helpful attitude.
Paradox

Post by Paradox »

rootsnharmony wrote:Do tell?
Why are you on here if you have the knowledge is power attitude, rather than the knowledge is helpful attitude.
I dunno what that is supposed to mean but i, others and staff here would be more than willing to help if you ask for advice correctly, i tried to point this out to you by refering you to the thread on how to ask for advice/help. If you can not do that then people can not help.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hi rootsnharmony, welcome to the forum :) Like Paradox said, it's hard to help without logs, they let us see exactly what is happening to cause the issue.
rootsnharmony

Post by rootsnharmony »

Okay, next time I will provide the debug file.
It sounded like the answer was already clear, but I get it.
As for this problem, well I edited the MKV file and deleted the other audio track so now it only plays in English, so I can no longer troubleshoot.