v4.1+ Logs on web interface?

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
Wolfgan

v4.1+ Logs on web interface?

Post by Wolfgan »

Now that UMS v4.1 has a complex web interface, wouldn't be useful to add a page displaying the logs (ie with verbose level selection as in java interface Logs tab) for troubleshooting purposes? It may be auto or manually refreshing.
Regards, Wolf
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: v4.1+ Logs on web interface?

Post by SharkHunter »

Everything is of course possible.
Now in the GUI you can never see any messages above INFO level. It is only the debug.log file that you can change the level for (the full debug file is HUGE). So I would probably do something similar in the web as well. I.e display the GUI log and then a link to fetch the full log on demand.
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

SharkHunter wrote:Everything is of course possible.
Now in the GUI you can never see any messages above INFO level. It is only the debug.log file that you can change the level for (the full debug file is HUGE). So I would probably do something similar in the web as well. I.e display the GUI log and then a link to fetch the full log on demand.
Thanks! It will be useful for quick debugging purposes when the user is fiddling with the renderer side :-) (ie files playing or not)
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I added this to the 5.0.0 branch (renamed from 4.1.0 since we did a 4.1 release). It lacks a nice looking css so you'll just find a link "Log" at (almost) the top of the pages. Clicking it will reveal the short log and there you'll find a link to the full log. I hope someone can make a css (I'm worthless at such things).
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

SharkHunter wrote:I added this to the 5.0.0 branch (renamed from 4.1.0 since we did a 4.1 release). It lacks a nice looking css so you'll just find a link "Log" at (almost) the top of the pages. Clicking it will reveal the short log and there you'll find a link to the full log. I hope someone can make a css (I'm worthless at such things).
Excellent. I'll try it and report back. Thanks a lot!
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

I made a css! I'm not that proud but you an replace the web.css with that from the repo and if you feel really wild and crazy you can fiddle with the icon....
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

This feature has gone mad in the 5.0 branch. It now looks much better than what I could have done. Check it out...