Some kind of user system

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
calcu

Some kind of user system

Post by calcu »

Hello!

first of all, i need to say thanks foe this soft, it's increible, i'm using it from the firsts versions.

Then, i will ask for some kind of "permission system".

I mean:, i have 8 o 9 directories shared in ums, but 1 of them is "xxx" (you understand xD)

i have 2 childs in home and i will let them to have access to ums to see all the rest movies, but i don't want to give access to them to this shared "xxx" directory.

It's possible to makesomething like this?

i think you can put this user/pass in android renderer, for example, or in any you can use a config file in local.

THANKS!
calcu

Re: Some kind of user system

Post by calcu »

uhm... i found that web config has this user/pass control, but i want it on dlna sharing not in web.

and the control from web is only for general access, not for specific access to a folder
SharkHunter
Developer

Post by SharkHunter »

There is a bit of misconception here. DLNA has no user control whatsoever. With that said UMS has a number of options to limit access to various renders. Note that this is completely render based. That is if you allow access to folder X from your TV in the living room then EVERYBODY that can access the TV can see whatever that TV has access to.
Now to your limit options:
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
calcu

Post by calcu »

Thanks!

that's perfect, i will make a list of my ips, organize them a bit and make this whitelists.

Thanks!