Can UMS get services? Crunchyroll/Netflix/Etc

General discussion about Universal Media Server (no support or requests)
Bane

Can UMS get services? Crunchyroll/Netflix/Etc

Post by Bane »

So all I have at home is a pretty pathetic WDTV Live, which has all sorts of networking hiccups and issues for no real reason other than it got out of bed the wrong way in the morning.

I'm hoping to use UMS to bypass this (as it detects media servers with more consistency than a basic network setup, strange I know). But I'm also hoping I can utilise UMS to access crunchyroll. While WDTV has some limited crunchyroll support, it's almost as temperamental as its networking. Netflix support on the device can sometimes be temperamental also, but I'm not sure if this is WDTV's or Netflix's fault.

So is there a way to get crunchyroll using UMS?
Bane

Re: Can UMS get services? Crunchyroll/Netflix/Etc

Post by Bane »

So I've done a little bit of digging, and it seems the only way to do this is to get Jumpy working, then install the crunchyroll takeout plugin into the XMBC folder? If that's right, excellent. If I'm wrong, let me know!
Bane

Post by Bane »

Alright. I think I got everything working after learning XMBC a little bit, and setting up the Add-on within XMBC.

WDTV Live under videos can see the 'crunchyroll' folder, when I select it it shows 4 folders named identically (I assume that these are the 4 I can see in XMBC, so Queue, History, Anime, Drama), but when I go into them it states 'no media found'

Have I done something wrong? For now I am stuck. It works within XMBC, but not via this method on the WDTV

EDIT: Outside of this UMS plays everything I've thrown at it so far, even stuff that the WDTV has difficulty handling natively. Great work!
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Bane wrote:It works within XMBC, but not via this method on the WDTV
The last time I checked crunchyroll in jumpy was before they went to a user account model and all was good. As long as it's working in xbmc it should be fixable in jumpy, so please post a set of TRACE logs showing navigation into the crunchyroll folders and I'll check it out :).
Bane

Post by Bane »

infidel wrote:
Bane wrote:It works within XMBC, but not via this method on the WDTV
The last time I checked crunchyroll in jumpy was before they went to a user account model and all was good. As long as it's working in xbmc it should be fixable in jumpy, so please post a set of TRACE logs showing navigation into the crunchyroll folders and I'll check it out :).
Thanks for the fast reply!

I tried today and it's not even listed anymore under WDTV. There are all the standard folders, and 'Jumpy' folder which contains 'Util - Bookmarks - Util' as folders.

I also get the following 15 mostly identical errors on start. Perhaps I installed it incorrectly?

---
10-26 16:02:58 jumpy: Adding root folder.
10-26 16:02:58 java.io.IOException: Cannot run program "python" (in directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Universal Media Server\plugins\jumpy\lib"): CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.ProcessBuilder.start(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.runner.run(runner.java:114)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.runner.run(runner.java:73)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.external.infidel.jumpy.jumpy.<init>(jumpy.java:178)
10-26 16:02:58 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
10-26 16:02:58 at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.external.ExternalFactory.instantiateLateListeners(ExternalFactory.java:443)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.PMS.init(PMS.java:657)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.PMS.createInstance(PMS.java:1047)
10-26 16:02:58 at net.pms.PMS.main(PMS.java:1147)
10-26 16:02:58 Caused by: java.io.IOException: CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.ProcessImpl.create(Native Method)
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.ProcessImpl.<init>(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 at java.lang.ProcessImpl.start(Unknown Source)
10-26 16:02:58 ... 14 more
---
Bane

Post by Bane »

Okay, reinstalled Jumpy, that was strange. Fixed the 15 errors I had at startup and the crunchyroll folder can be seen while navigating through the WDLive box.

Here are the logs, the problem persists (Can still use the crunchyroll takeout within XMBC just fine)
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(22.48 KiB) Downloaded 466 times
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Bane wrote:Okay, reinstalled Jumpy
Bane, your logs still show problems with the jumpy installation so it's unclear what the actual source of the issue is. If you could please send another set of logs made after a clean reinstall:
  • shut down UMS.
  • delete your plugins/jumpy folder.
  • put the jumpy installer in your plugins folder and double-click it to install.
  • Restart UMS, recreate the logs and repost.
  • Attach also the file plugins/jumpy/setup/setup.log.