Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server Multiple Profiles in Headless Mo

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
GaryM

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server Multiple Profiles in Headless Mo

Post by GaryM »

Hi All

I would like to congratulate you on the latest release of UMS and the added 8083 / 9001 Web Interface.
I am trying to set up my Server to work with multiple profiles however I am stuck on where I should add the FAQ tutorial on this. the FAQ suggest the following:
Environment Variable (Advanced):

UMS also supports multiple profiles by means of the UMS_PROFILE environment variable.

If this variable is unset, the default profile directory is used to locate UMS.conf (and WEB.conf, if used).

If UMS_PROFILE is an absolute or relative (to the working directory) path pointing to an existing directory, then UMS.conf is loaded from and saved to that directory. If UMS_PROFILE is set, but doesn't point to an existing directory, it is assumed to be a relative or absolute path to a profile file. Note: while the file doesn't need to exist, the directory containing it must exist if the file is to be saved.

Examples:

UMS_PROFILE=UMS.conf ./UMS.sh
UMS_PROFILE=relative/path/to/profile.conf ./UMS.sh
UMS_PROFILE=/absolute/path/to/myprofile.conf ./UMS.sh
I have attempted to put the additional Profiles into the /etc/init.d/UMS file however when i restart the server it loads the last Profile in the list.. Should I be adding the file Paths and Profile names in another location?

Please let me know as I an unsure of where the additional profiles should be quoted.
I hope this makes sense??

GaryM
GaryM

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server Multiple Profiles in Headless Mo

Post by GaryM »

Hi Again all - starting to think i am missing something glaringly obvious but cannot see the Wood for the Trees.

Question - should I start the UMS.sh on multiple occasions to represent each profile or am I right in my earlier comment (albeit slightly confused) about list the UMS_PROFILE Paths's and Names in the init.d/UMS file?? I have attached the relevent section below and would really appreciate any feedback on this as it's starting to drive me a little nuts.. The UMS Server is working but it will only work on the last profile list as per the below:

PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin
DESC="Universal Media Server"
NAME=UMS
UMS_PROFILE=/etc/UMS.conf
UMS_PROFILE=/etc/samsung/UMS_Samsung.conf
DAEMON=/opt/ums/$NAME.sh
DAEMON_OPTS="console"
SCRIPTNAME=/etc/init.d/$NAME
UMS_START=1 # Wether to start or not UMS ver at boot time.
DODTIME=30 # Time to wait for the server to die, in seconds.
# If this value is set too low you might not
# let the program to die gracefully and 'restart' will not work

test -x $DAEMON || exit 1

# Load the VERBOSE setting and other rcS variables
. /lib/init/vars.sh

# Define LSB log_* functions.
# Depend on lsb-base (>= 3.0-6) to ensure that this file is present.
. /lib/lsb/init-functions

# Include ums defaults if available
if [ -f "/etc/default/$NAME" ]; then
. /etc/default/$NAME
fi

Could anyone help save my sanity??
GaryM

Re: Ubuntu 14.04 LTS Server Multiple Profiles in Headless Mo

Post by GaryM »

As the saying goes and once quoted by the one and only Forest Gump "Stupid Is As Stupid Does"... Mistake realized and now everything is working perfectly... again well-done on a fine piece of work!!