Save Subtitles

If you have a suggestion for a feature, post it here
TeaP

Save Subtitles

Post by TeaP »

UMS has a nice feature where it will search for subtitles on anime. I'm not sure what the trigger is, or how or where it looks for them, but I know that the subtitles it finds are usually better than the ones I do.
I was hoping a feature could be added to save those subtitles to an external .srt or .ass file.

Loved PMS, looking forward to using UMS.
SharkHunter
Developer

Re: Save Subtitles

Post by SharkHunter »

This is alread in UMS. In your UMS.conf add

Code: Select all

live_subtitles_keep=true
and your subs will not be deleted
We reject: kings, presidents and voting.
We believe in: rough consensus and running code.
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

Rule: Ducument it, document it, document it, always! :mrgreen:
foxidrive

Post by foxidrive »

Is this why some of my files show "{External Subtitles}" after the filename?

Can I disable this "{External Subtitles}" text from showing, or can UMS get these subtitles automatically?

Does this setting apply here, if I don't have subtitles?
This is alread in UMS. In your UMS.conf add

live_subtitles_keep=true
and your subs will not be deleted
Thanks
ExSport

Post by ExSport »

External subtitles means there is external file stored on disk with moviefile. If it is loaded, it depends on your preference set (audio/subtitle preference)
If I remember well, in latest versions it is handled in different way so this string is not used, but maybe I am wrong (check v5 Alpha build)
External subs string has nothing with live subs downloaded from web (if they are not cached so next time they are used as local external ones)
foxidrive

Post by foxidrive »

ExSport wrote:External subtitles means there is external file stored on disk with moviefile. If it is loaded, it depends on your preference set (audio/subtitle preference)
Thanks, I triple checked and what it must be is the description .TXT file with the same filename.
These files are MKV format with no subtitles in the MKV file and none on the hard drive.

EDIT: I loaded 4.2.1 and it doesn't respect the following setting. I had an old 3.6.2 version and it was ok.

I found out that the setting to change to disable the detection of external subtitle files including .TXT files is

autoload_external_subtitles =false
foxidrive

Post by foxidrive »

I see that 4.1.2 has Split the renderer option SupportedSubtitlesFormats into SupportedExternalSubtitlesFormats and SupportedInternalSubtitlesFormats
so I am going to have to update with a fresh configuration file.

Is there some way to store user preferences?
If you update UMS a lot and the configuration file format changes, how do you update the UMS.conf file but avoid having to reconfigure all your preferences?