Version 1.5.2 is released

Announcements about Universal Media Server
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Version 1.5.2 is released

Post by SubJunk »

General:

You can download it from the front page.

This release is great for FFmpeg users, as it marks the first time the engine has been stable for everyday use. As it is now, it is much more reliable for audio sync than any of our other engines, so I really recommend using it for your non-subtitled videos (I do). It is also much faster than MEncoder.
Over the next few releases, we will be giving FFmpeg most of the current MEncoder functionality, with the eventual goal of using it as the default engine for most things.

Changes since 1.5.1:
  • General:
    • Temporarily rolled back MPlayer/MEncoder to SB37, which fixes DVD support
    • Updated FFmpeg to SB2, which fixes seeking bugs
  • Plugin Installer:
    • Added Description column
    • Added "run as administrator" reminder for Windows 7 and Vista users
    • Installation progress window is centered
    • Disabled manual row-editing
    • Customised the column widths so all text is visible
  • Languages:
    • Removed deprecated part of Russian translation

Upgrade Notes:

For versions prior to 1.5.0:
It is recommended to delete your UMS.conf file prior to installing this version. For Windows users it is in ProgramData/UMS/.

For all versions:
It is recommended (but usually not necessary) to uninstall the older version before installing the new one.

The PMS developers.
glebb for building the OS X version.
Madoka

Re: Version 1.5.2 is released

Post by Madoka »

I see that you rolled back to SB37, so I'll put this here only as info.

SB38 had a bug where some karaoke didn't work, and you would see the flashing syllable being sung and not the line itself. SB37 displays them perfectly.

I had a HD crash this weekend and lost the file I used to test it so I can't post a debug log.
smirk

Post by smirk »

Hi, this is great, thank you for all the work you put into UMS. We use it daily and love it. :)
* Temporarily rolled back MPlayer/MEncoder to SB37, which fixes DVD support
Does this fix the DVD ISO problem where entering into an ISO image showed no content? Or was this a fix for physical DVDs?

Thanks!
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

smirk wrote:Hi, this is great, thank you for all the work you put into UMS. We use it daily and love it. :)
* Temporarily rolled back MPlayer/MEncoder to SB37, which fixes DVD support
Does this fix the DVD ISO problem where entering into an ISO image showed no content? Or was this a fix for physical DVDs?

Thanks!
Thanks for the feedback, smirk :) I tested the fix with a physical DVD but it is the same code that handles ISOs so it should be fixed for you too :)
gambit

Post by gambit »

the download plugins is broken, it is trying to download pmsencoder 1.6.1 when it doesnt exist no more, it has been updated to 1.6.2
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Thanks gambit, we are in the process of updating that link.
I have also been working on the plugins part of this website (unreleased) which will make all that stuff automatic and add some cool features, more on that soon