Xbox One does not see UMS

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
smelanson

Xbox One does not see UMS

Post by smelanson »

My Xbox One stopped seeing UMS recently, it was working for a few weeks then stopped last week. When you open up Media Player on the Xbox it states that no devices were detected.

My 360 is able to connect and play content without issue. The computer, Xbox, switch, and router have all been rebooted. I reset al settings in UMS, set it back up and reinstalled Media Player on the Xbox.

I have attached the logs, for simplicity the 360 was not on when I recreated the issue, however, it appears that UMS thinks the 360 tried to connect.
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(16.81 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
smelanson

Re: Xbox One does not see UMS

Post by smelanson »

Anyone here had success using UMS 4.2.0 with the Xbox One?
smelanson

Post by smelanson »

I installed 4.2.1 and the same issue happens. I noticed that UMS sees my Xbox as a 360, when I force Xbox One as the renender the Xbox One works and the 360 does not. When I force Unknown Renender as the renender both work, any idea why UMS is unable to detect the Xbox One properly?
Jamez3rd

Post by Jamez3rd »

Did you fix your issue? My XB1 was working fine then recently it stopped seeing UMS. I ended up downloading version 5.00-a1 and it now see UMS again.
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Hey guys, we have fixed this issue and will release it soon, in the meantime you can use this version which should work: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-3ce8fdb.exe
Spareone

Post by Spareone »

Yes, had exact same issue, was working OK but then since the Xbox Nov update it appears not to.
smelanson

Post by smelanson »

Sorry for the delayed response, these emails went to my junk folder.

The most recent update fixed my issue, all good now.
WilF

Re: [Solved] Xbox One does not see UMS

Post by WilF »

I am having the same issue and tried the fix you posted above and still no luck. I attached my logs
Attachments
ums_dbg.zip
(15.39 KiB) Downloaded 456 times
SubJunk
Lead Developer

Post by SubJunk »

Please make logs using this version of UMS, it is a build made specifically for debugging this issue: http://www.spirton.com/uploads/UMS/UMS-764ce59.exe
infidel
Developer

Post by infidel »

Updated special build for debugging this issue (try also the one above): UMS-1bbfc78.exe.