Dish Network Hopper

Discuss media renderers like Xbox 360, TVs, smartphones, etc.
nix

Re: Dish Network Hopper

Post by nix »

When I set up Plex server using Linux, I went to MENU on the controller and then HOME Media. After that Plex was already there.

I'm trying to get the same thing to work for UMS, I wanted to try out UMS because of the better options for me. Anyway I have plex server turned off and UMS is configured and running. I still am unable to see UMS in the Home Media options in the Dish menu.

I see in one post that someone was actually able to view media using UMS on Dish , so how are you seeing this?

-Nix
dkirkland

Re: Dish Network Hopper

Post by dkirkland »

Hi everyone,

I know this is an old post but I am new to both UMS and this site but I think I may have found a possible solution tho the Hopper/UMS connection.

I started ripping my DVD collection a couple of week ago and UMS worked great via the web interface but I was unable to play them from my Hopper, which led me here. I used the above .conf file and made the suggested changes (Thanks for that!) but was still unable to play it. I even downgraded to ver 5.0 with out luck and while I get better memory usage with the older version (set to 1024 instead of the default) it still would not work.

Sorry I'm rambling...

What I was using:
DVD Decryptor - to get the DVDs off the disk
HandBrake - to convert to mp4 with it set to Universal profile

The resulting file gave me great video/audio that works on everything I've tried except the Hopper. So after several hours of searching I have found this on the Dish Forum:

https://support.dish.com/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=4493

Profile: Android High
Transocoded:
Container : MP4
Video Codec : H.264
Framerate: 30fps or 29.97
Constant Framerate
Constant Quality : 17
Audio codec: AAC (faac)

I hope this helps others.