Unable to connect to UMS 5.1.1 using Panasonic DMP-BDT210

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
dlevey

Unable to connect to UMS 5.1.1 using Panasonic DMP-BDT210

Post by dlevey »

I hope I am formatting my request properly; the "how to ask" referred to logging that doesn't appear to apply to my setup.

I am running UMS 5.1.1 on my CentOS server (Linux). I am able to access my music collection via the web interface without a problem, so things appear to be running with at least that functionality. However, I am trying to get my Blu-Ray player (Panasonic DMP-BDT210) to find and connect to the UMS server without success. On the player itself, the only option seems to be to have the thing scan the home network for listening devices. However, it does not find the UMS server. I've set up to listen to 5001 as in the default configuration; I've also seen that Win7 uses port 2869 so I tried that also but failed. I have indeed opened firewall ports to permit access. I have been unable to glean any useful information from a network sniff; that references destination ports 46835-46837, which doesn't seem helpful. Any thoughts? What can I look for to make this easier to diagnose?