Transcoded songs showing up multiple times on display

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
bilmar

Transcoded songs showing up multiple times on display

Post by bilmar »

I am a new user of UMS running on Windows to a Denon AVR1613 receiver. The system is using the Philips Streamium renderer that other post suggest is normal for Denon.

I am using both .flac and apple lossless .m4a

when I browse the filesystem using my receiver & TV each directory shows as below whether it has m4a or flac files or both
#--TRANSCODE--#
Track name 1
Track name 2
etc.......

If the directory contains flac files then selecting a file will just play it and the TV display shows the format as FLAC
If the directory contains m4a files then selecting a file will causer the display to show a file format error dialog twice before playing the file showing the format as WAV which I assume means it is being transcoded by UMS.
For that same dir containing m4a files, if I select '#--TRANSCODE--#' I then see three version of my track with the last one appended with '(Audio:apple lossless)'. If I select that one it plays immediately every time.
How can i clean up my display to not show the multiple versions or the transcode 'folder' and just play the audio immediately?

I started without any mods at all but have tried modifying the streamium conf to have the following without any change in behavior.
TranscodeExtensions = m4a
StreamExtensions = wma,mp3,mp4,flac

Thanks

Bill