DLNA error 2006

For help and support with Universal Media Server
Forum rules
Please make sure you follow the Problem Reporting Guidelines before posting if you want a reply
liam58

DLNA error 2006

Post by liam58 »

This is just an FYI, this worked for me. I received the DLNA error 2006 when accessing video from my PC. After reading much and trying various solutions what worked for me was simply disabling and enabling the option of media server under network settings on the PS3. After doing this i now can watch video without the DLNA error 2006, thanks.
Danniboy

Re: DLNA error 2006

Post by Danniboy »

Did you also have issues with browsing files being slow? On my PS3 it takes 30 seconds or more to list the files in a directory, and sometimes just times out with a DLNA 2006 error. I'll try your suggestion, but if I run PS3 Media server I don't have these issues, so it seems like it's a UMS problem not a PS3 problem.
RemuxMaster

Post by RemuxMaster »

These media servers are like something of magic, no logic to them working correctly at all. Anyway, when I had this problem I found another fix.

Go into Network and Sharing center, go to change adapter settings (or whatever you have for adapter settings), open the router, properties, configure, find the advanced tab, go to speed, it should be set to auto, change it to 100 (I changed it to 100 full duplex, I have no idea what the full or half duplex is)

And that's it, after I made that change everything loads in an instant now.

Good luck.

EDIT:
OOOOK, it seems that routers come equipped with a bunch of other options that will also slow down your connection speed. Weird. So in the same area I disabled "green ethernet" "energy efficient" and "flow control." The first 2 for sure have speed impacts, the 3d I'm not sure about, but It hasn't hurt. Just wanted to let people know.

BTW after doing this change shuttering on 1080p for me has decreased a ton.

Again, good luck.

EDIT: I also disabled Interrupt moderation which is supposed to help a lot as well
Butman

Post by Butman »

I've been combing forums trying to figure the error 2006 out and finally sound a solution (for me).

Just for some background, I've been running PMS for years and finally decided to go with UMS. I had an older version and so I downloaded the latest release last week (5.1.1.1). I was very happy with it except for the DLNA 2006 error. The funny thing was PMS was running very well. I checked my firewall settings and all that, making sure there were no blockages. Anyway, I found a post talking about Java versions and found a link to UMS 5.1.1.1 Java 7.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/unimedi ... urce=files

I have a feeling this didn't really do anything but you never know. It's likely the same version but it's that's what I did. When I reinstalled the software it again asked me about the memory size. The default is 1280MB and so I decided to up it to 3000. After that I did not get the error on start-up. I remember when using PMS I created a batch file up the heap size or whatever it was called and gave me the idea.

Some other things I did previously that did not solve the problem were:
-force IP of PS3
-turn off remux in mencoder (thanks to post by SubJunk). I had some 1080p Star Wars movies that wouldn't run and that solved it.

Hope that helps...

UPDATE: After a testing a couple of times I thought I was in the clear but after starting up again today got the same error. So I have not solved - sorry.
Butman

Post by Butman »

So, another update: It seems that UMS takes some time to get fired up. If I turn on the PS3 while waiting for UMS I get the 2006 error. If UMS is already running I do not get the error.

One thing I did was make MEncoder the primary video engine in the transcode settings tab. Now videos start up almost immediately. It also got rid of a bit of jitter I was experiencing. Actually, after making this last change I have not seen a 2006 error and I'm quite certain I started UMS and had PS3 running/waiting for UMS to display.

I seem to be running 100%. If I have any problems I will post again.
Butman

Post by Butman »

Still running great. I've updated my PC to an Intel i7 and did a clean install. I'm now running UMS 5.1.2. I have no DLNA error and UMS pops up almost instantly in the XMB! Faster CPU means more joy.

This is awesome!
aqol45

Post by aqol45 »

How do I make MEncoder the primary video engine?
Wolfgan

Post by Wolfgan »

aqol45 wrote:How do I make MEncoder the primary video engine?
Go to the Transcoding Tab and change the order / priority of the codecs in the list.
-- UMS serving PS3, WDTV, Samsung H6400 + J5500 and Kalemsoft renderers! (no video transcoding but remuxing accepted :D )